Answered

dedicated sonos controller

• 2 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Does anyone know if there is a way to use a tablet or phone as a Sonos controller only.
i like the idea of using my old IPad
just to control the Sonos without the faff of having to load up the app etc ?
I know you can lock it into Sonos mode but this just goes back to the standard I pad menu once you unlock to shutdown .
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 3 July 2019, 14:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Google “Kiosk Mode”

Great option. It's true...you can learn something new everyday! Tried it an it works like a charm. Thanks!
Badge +20
Google “Kiosk Mode”
Userlevel 7
Hi glennclarke1

If I understand your question you're asking if an iOS device can be programed to do nothing except act as a Sonos controller. The answer is YES and NO.

YES
iOS devices have been used in specialty markets such as medicine for example wherein all other functions are locked-out so that only medical information/programing is available. The catch is that a special API (Application Programing Interface) is required. Click the link for more info on API's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_programming_interface

NO
Unless you can develop and integrate an API specific to Sonos into iOS programing

I hope this answers your question. Cheers!