Answered

Dark theme request

• 28 December 2017
  • 58 replies

Userlevel 1
White theme is terrible looks very unprofessional and is not good on the eyes. Request : request
Any plans to upgrade to a dark theme option?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 2 January 2018, 21:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8
I've called to task two members today who go out of their way to attack me every chance they get simply for disagreeing with them. I've helped dozens in other threads. Do the math.

To you, "called to task" must be equivalent to insult and demean. Do you not see that your beligerant responses are hurting Sonos' business? I honestly don't understand why Sonos allows you to treat their customers this way.
Maybe they think people who are never going to be satisfied going forward aren't worth saving as customers. Or maybe I serve the purpose of saying things an actual Sonos rep cannot, but never the less, need to be said. Either way, I'm sorry your effort to get me banned has fallen on deaf ears.

Besides, my responses are in kind to the treatment I get. One only need to look at the abuse heaped on John B and Chris, whose tone is nothing like mine, to see the hypocrisy at work. If you were truly worried about the tone of people's posts and not simply obsessed with me because I disagree and back it up, you would be defending those nice guys who mostly try to help, in addition to those you feel are my "victims".
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
...... truly unpleasant.

Andrew
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

To you, "called to task" must be equivalent to insult and demean. Do you not see that your beligerant responses are hurting Sonos' business? I honestly don't understand why Sonos allows you to treat their customers this way.

The Sonos position seems to be that they like jgatie hitting back against any shade to the brand no matter how belligerent, demeaning or insulting he gets.

They wouldn't tolerate it otherwise.
Yeah because the people calling Sonos employees morons, incompetent, stupid, etc. are not belligerent, demeaning, or insulting? You guys crack me up. Show a little shock at those posts and I'll start believing your faux outrage is actually based on how I post and not what I post.
...... truly unpleasant.

Andrew

Noticed you haven't commented on the poster who compared the new release to an abusive relationship yet, andrew. Does that not meet your definition of "truly unpleasant"?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Besides, my responses are in kind to the treatment I get. One only need to look at the abuse heaped on John B and Chris, whose tone is nothing like mine, to see the hypocrisy at work. If you were truly worried about the tone of people's posts and not simply obsessed with me because I disagree and back it up, you would be defending those nice guys who mostly try to help, in addition to those you feel are my "victims".

The annoyance and irritation is not about you disagreeing but about you being rude and aggressive. And lets be very clear here, it's always you who starts it, after somebody dares to critique sonos. Because you clearly identify yourself with the brand and take critique 'on your tribe' personal.

And yes, you managed to drag others down in the mud with you. Congratulations with that! Luckily people like John B quickly recovered from that and rose above it, while others appear to do there best to do the same. Which leaves us with a single person here that clearly has no intent of being respectful towards other customers, that don't share his view. I have you guess who.
Oh yeah, John B recovered after being dragged down by me? Is that the fairy tale you are going with? You folks are freaking hysterical. John B is one of the nicest guys in here and his tone is almost always overly helpful and friendly. He was savaged by you and others because he dared to say he liked the new controller and could not understand the hysteria. He was told to shut up and take his help elsewhere because people should be allowed to vent, just for calmly explaining how to properly switch rooms. Oh what a sin! He was being helpful!

Shall I post the links?

And how about the rude and aggressive posts towards Sonos employees who cannot fight back? Calling them morons, incompetents, stupid, useless, calling for firings, etc. How about the over the top posts that say the new app is like an abusive relationship and other such outrageous comparisons? I see no backlash at those posters. Do they not drag other posters down in the mud? Do they not cause people to ignore your argument due to melodrama?

Your selective outrage is duly noted. I think we all can see what is happening here.
Personally, I don't care for the new controller. Not so much the coloring, but the navigation. I will be happy to see a change.

I am absolutely fine with Sonos communication policy. There employees are always polite and as helpful as they can be, regardless of how they are treated. I completely respect the idea of not communicating upcoming changes and features to the customers till the are ready. Customers will always hold you to whatever statement you make, without a concern that you can't always control all the factors involved with meeting a deadline. For all we know, Sonos may have targeted June for their release of the Sonos One. The same people (and more) who complain about being kept in the dark would be outraged for missing a product release by a few months. They would also had to spend those months explaining the delay.

Coincidentally, this same thing is happening with Apple and their Homepod. It was supposed to be out by Christmas, even bragged about as some sort of Sonos killer, yet it isn't hear. Apple has the luxary of doing that a bit more than Sonos does because of the masses of fans who think Apple can do no wrong. Still, missing a deadline like that was surely more damaging than never giving a date in the first place.

There is also the factor of competition. You don't want to tell your competition what features you're bringing to market with enough time for them to start their own development.

I'm not saying that telling the customers a lot more detail doesn't have advantages. It does, it's just not without drawbacks.

As far as the tone of customer posts to staff and to other customers, I have no doubt that Sonos would love it if no one was disrespectful or rude to anyone. However, if they are going to allow customers to be rude to staff, they must also allow a little free speech for customers to comment about other customers posts. As already pointed out, with rare exception, the veterans here are helping out other customers with issues much more than annoying them. Heck the customers that get annoyed were already annoyed to begin with. Personally, I don't want to see a forum where customers unload on staff and other customers aren't allowed to say anytihng about it. That wouldn't be a good look for Sonos. They remove posts with language in it and have surely kicked out some posters in the past, but I think there general hands off approach is a good policy.
Sonos would love it if no one was disrespectful or rude to anyone.
Internet forum language is also commonly terse and to the point and that is something that people that use forums often know. It takes some time to understand this and not read anything more into it. Sonos staff does not use this mode, but that also means that for every post they write, many more can be written in the shorter version by those that can and do use it.

Anyone that wants to see rude, check out Hydrogen Audio. But another immensely useful site if one knows the conventions.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Tl;dr
Whatabout whatabout whatabout whatabout

Tl;dr
Whatabout whatabout whatabout whatabout

Oh Logan, you just can't stay away! :-*

Then again, abuse of Sonos staff is something you know all about, right?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
And how about the rude and aggressive posts towards Sonos employees who cannot fight back?* Calling them morons, incompetents, stupid, useless, calling for firings, etc. How about the over the top posts that say the new app is like an abusive relationship and other such outrageous comparisons?

Yes, why are customers so upset they get emotional in their reacties towards sonos?

Maybe that has something to so with a prankster walking into their house and replacing the remote with one that isn't even half as good? One that trips them over on a regular basis and forces them to pay attention whenever they use it, while it should be as simple as flipping a light switch.

Or maybe it has something to do with not even being taken serious when they complain about it and ask for their old remote back? Instead they are - eventually - told by that same prankster that someone is looking into it (and nothing more than that) and they should just trust that this time they might get it right, and not pull another stunt.

Does that sound like a company being respectful towards it customers? Or might that upset those customers - if only just a little bit - because they are not being taking serious? And more importantly why should customers remain superfriendly and respectful towards sonos and certainly not cause offense, after the company did exactly that to them?

Why do these customers do not deserve the huge amount of credit you give to sonos and it's employees? Don't they deserve just as much empathy and understanding, if not more? Are they not entitled to voice their frustration, even though they are footing the bill?

Indeed, they do deserve that respect and understanding, and the burden of courtesy is first and foremost on sonos in this whole affair, not on the customers.
So I'm not allowed to be rude and aggressive to people who can fight back and are rude and aggressive to me, but you and others are allowed to be rude and aggressive to people who are not rude and aggressive, and who cannot fight back, simply because you feel wronged? We agree to disagree. Just like I am required by you to hold back on the rude and aggressive posts (code for "shut up if you disagree with me", just ask Chris and John 😎, so should you be held to the same standard when addressing Sonos employees. You being obsessed with the former while not only defending, but actively participating in the latter is what we call selective outrage. Hypocrisy at its finest.

By the way, have you emailed or tweeted the CEO about your dissatisfaction yet, or are you still going to take it out on the guys just following orders who have no say in either the policy or the design of the UI?
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Tldr: jgatie whatabout you guys you are just as rude as I am. Will continue posting what I want how I want.

= Whataboutery + toddler defense

*Sigh*
Tldr: jgatie whatabout you guys you are just as rude as I am. Will continue posting what I want how I want.

= Whataboutery + toddler defense

*Sigh*

Love you too, Logan!
Userlevel 3
Badge
It would be great if this forum had an "ignore" feature that would just hide certain people's posts. Hard to read some of these threads where the same person pipes in, pretends to be helpful, then calls people names and is condescending. Feels like Reddit on here at times.

Steve

So what's your point?

There really is no point in trying to reason with jgatie. He will always have the last word and the forum moderators apparently don't care if he drives of Sonos customers away by insulting and belittling them on a regular basis.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
So I'm not allowed to be rude and aggressive to people who can fight back and are rude and aggressive to me, but you and others are allowed to be rude and aggressive to people who are not rude and aggressive, and who cannot fight back, simply because you feel wronged?

What you keep on ignoring is that in all the points I brought up, from launching a half backed app, over ignoring customer feedback, to placating such customers with empty statements, Sonos isn't being polite at all, on the contrary. And the reactions are accordingly. But hey who cares about customers, right?

And contrary to the customers experiencing this, Sonos employees aren't just some helpless victims in all this. They do have a voice internally, they can influence the communication strategy, they do decide between a statement that the company does not comment vs pretending not being in the know because they didn't get an official go ahead yet, etc It would be impossible to do their job otherwise.

By the way, have you emailed or tweeted the CEO about your dissatisfaction yet, or are you still going to take it out on the guys just following orders who have no say in either the policy or the design of the UI?
No, and I won't because that ceo doesn't have time to read such feedback. If anything, he'll rely on summary reports from his employees (like the community managers, those in charge of social media, running the helpdesks, etc). And if you would check those other channels like Facebook, you'd notice that Sonos advises people on a regular basis to use this board for their feedback.

But let me guess? You'll just ignore every point I made - yet again - and keep on playing the white night of rude, that fights the evil customers who dare to complain.
So you are going to keep abusing Sonos employees who cannot fight back, blaming them for the policy you feel is disrespectful, instead of contacting those who actually set the policy. At the same time, you keep attacking me for what you see as my abusive behavior?

As I thought, a hypocrite, and a coward.
ceo doesn't have time to read such feedback. If anything, he'll rely on summary reports from his employees (like the community managers, those in charge of social media, running the helpdesks, etc).
You would be surprised; I have received what are clearly self written replies to every email I have sent him. Some are brief, some are longer than expected.

Every CEO however has the problem of having to work the solution via a large organisation, and solutions may not be as immediately forthcoming as you would like them to be.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
As the (mostly) silent third party to this bun-fight, maybe a Sonos rep might like to chime in and defuse the situation.....?
ceo doesn't have time to read such feedback. If anything, he'll rely on summary reports from his employees (like the community managers, those in charge of social media, running the helpdesks, etc).
You would be surprised; I have received what are clearly self written replies to every email I have sent him. Some are brief, some are longer than expected.

Every CEO however has the problem of having to work the solution via a large organisation, and solutions may not be as immediately forthcoming as you would like them to be.

Stop ruining the narrative!

Actually, thank you andrew for putting aside the partisan BS and posting facts, despite possibly alienating your fellow jgatie hater. Be prepared for the backlash.
As the (mostly) silent third party to this bun-fight, maybe a Sonos rep might like to chime in and defuse the situation.....?

Sonos has chimed in about this particular feature and the flow of the app, specifically stating "They're looking into the brightness of the app and working on ways to balance the contrast. They're also looking into ways to improve the general flow of the app, and streamline navigation." I quoted the post right here in this thread.

Here is User103951's response:

So what's your point? If anything this shows how questionable sonos' communication strategy is in all this. If you have info, share it. And if you don't want to do that, just say so instead of placating your customers with empty statements.

And I really hope you are wrong btw, and that we are not getting yet another release without proper testing and feedback.

Complains about a lack of information, gets information, complains that it's placating. Complains about a lack of a release to fix the app, a release is hinted at that applies to a fix, complains that they are not testing properly. Even you can agree andrew that User103951 seems to be a poster who will never be happy, even when Sonos gives exactly what is asked for.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
So you are going to keep abusing Sonos employees who cannot fight back, blaming them for the policy you feel is disrespectful, instead of contacting those who actually set the policy.
I've merely been critical of a posts or two and that's it. And rightly so as those post weren't taking their customers serious. If you feel that's abuse feel free to address the infamous secret policy that's triggering this with the ceo.

Complains about a lack of information, gets information, complains that it's placating.
My remark was about Keith's statement. The post from Ryan apparently a couple of hours later actually highlighted how questionable that earlier post was. In fact, it's a perfect example of how sonos isn't really taking their customers serious.

At the same time, you keep attacking me for what you see as my abusive behavior?
That's not just my impression, quite some see it that way as well - including you judging from some of your posts. But somehow you think it's justified to do that to customers. Something I quite frankly really don't get.

Mailing someone doesn't take courage, what it does do however is hide the critique. I prefer an open debate - and that includes with sonos - as that's pretty much the only thing a customer can bring to the table in hope of seeing some change.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
So you are going to keep abusing Sonos employees who cannot fight back, blaming them for the policy you feel is disrespectful, instead of contacting those who actually set the policy. At the same time, you keep attacking me for what you see as my abusive behavior?

"Abusing" Sonos employees would clearly violate the forum rules and result in ban or moderator intervention. Stop the hyperbole.

Coward would be the poster who takes pleasure in "calling out" new members which you admit to.

But thats ok because as we know from your many many posts theres no rule against being a bully or obnoxious dick to new members. As you like to say "you can post what we want when we want."