Question

Dark theme option for SONOS controller

• 1 September 2017
  • 43 replies

Userlevel 3
I sometimes use the SONOS controller (on a tablet) in environments where the room lights have been dimmed at night and so find the current white background on the contoller very bright and intrusive.

Am I missing a setting that can change this, or is there a work around available?

If not, are there any plans for SONOS to introduce Skins, or at the very least a dark theme option?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

43 replies

Couple thoughts - how about dimming your tablet screen brightness? Also, are you using an iPad? Try the Night Shift display setting. Nice warm tones instead of harsh daylight brightness.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
If its a Windows 10 tablet, try our Sonos app, which includes a dark mode.
Userlevel 2
I second this. Would love to see a dark theme option. I use fire tablets throughout my house and the white is too harsh.
Userlevel 2
Yeah dark theme was much better. I hate the new UI theme. White
Userlevel 2
I did not want to say, I hate it, but I second that. We use the app in our bedrooms and now it is unbearable.
Dark, black background option. Please.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yeah dark theme was much better. I hate the new UI theme. White
I agree the black one was nicer for your eyes, why not add a toggle for the backgroud black/white? everybody happy?
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
When I got the new UI, the absolute first thing I looked for was how to get rid of the white background. Return to dark or provide a toggle please.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I'm really unhappy that the dark screen has disappeared from the new app. My old eyes can't take the contrast and brightness at night. It is a basic accessibility feature which has now been taken away from me. Please reinstate ASAP.
Userlevel 3
Agreed! Please add an option to with back to dark mode.
Please sort this out asap for android as well!
Also any chance of including lyrics / a link on the song page?
Userlevel 1
Please being back the dark theme as an option on android app. White theme burns my eyeballs!

Thanks
Userlevel 1
Badge
I had previously mentioned my liking the dark screen (or not liking the light screen, if you will). If it was changed just to be different, why? Give me my dark screen back!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I'll make sure to pass it on over to the right teams for you.
Yes. PLEASE bring back the dark background for Android (and all other) controllers ASAP. The bright white completely destroys any possibility of enjoying music in a dimly lit (aka relaxing) room. Thanks much!
Userlevel 3
Badge
Just to add a me2 to this thread. Really dislike the white, couldn't believe there was not a setting to change it.
Userlevel 1
why not let us choose the background colour. white to bright !!!
Userlevel 3
I agree 100%. Back to dark mode option ASAP please :?
Userlevel 3
Another vote for dark option please - in case more voices means taken more seriously.
Just like to add another vote for a dark screen option please. White UI is too harsh for many listening environments at home. Thanks
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Bring back the dark!
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
For iPhone and ipad users you can try the following
Go to settings -> general -> accessibility and scroll down to 'accessibility shortcut' and choose 'invert colours' when triple clicking the home button.

When using the sonos app, triple click the home button to switch to white on black. Unfortunately it applies to everything else on your phone so you'll need to toggle back to use everything else!
+1 I definitely preferred the darker theme
Userlevel 1
Badge +3
One more vote from me for dark theme on Android app. I use tablets on walls around my house, and they are garish.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
And another - dark theme please. It is essential, and of course much better for AMOLED screens, as it preserves battery.
Userlevel 2
Badge
+1 for a dark theme
+2 for a setting for different themes
-1 for my battery life
-1 for my sleep in the bedroom using the new gui...

customers are different and need choice...