Custom duration times?

Userlevel 1
Is there any possibility of having a 'custom' option for duration times associated with Alarms and Sleep Timer?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Andre, Thanks for sharing this feature but it is actually not possible to do it at the moment. I moved your question to the Idea section to make your input more visible and beneficial for the community. Pierre
I'm looking at adding Sonos to commercial building so there is music playing in the background. I would like to add custom alarms so the music switches on and off automatically to match opening hours.
Userlevel 1
Hello Andre, Thanks for sharing this feature but it is actually not possible to do it at the moment. I moved your question to the Idea section to make your input more visible and beneficial for the community. Pierre
Please make it possible one day soon! I'm sure customers/users will want more options for alarm & sleep durations. The maximum sleep timer is 2 hours, but sometimes I want it to be 4-5 hours at least. Please consider!
Userlevel 1
We need longer sleep durations! Why not even up to 24 hours? Sometimes when guests come over all day say on a Saturday, we need music playing continuously in the background for at least 6-8 hours if not more. Please please add this feature!
I too would like more flexibility in the duration of the alarms settings.
e.g. I want to set the duration to 1.5 hrs and in some cases longer than 2hrs.
A 90 minute option would be good - 1 hour is too short and 2 hours too long - is the 15min actually required at all?
3hrs please. Better still, make duration configurable like alarm start time.
Please make it so any length in minutes can be entered or start/stop times - great for break reminders!
Please make it so any length in minutes can be entered or start/stop times - great for break reminders!
A simple workaround is to set two alarms:
- one at the start for indefinite duration
- one at the end playing anything for 15 mins at zero volume
Tried that just after my post and before I received your response. it works really well.
2nd alarm at 0 volume stops 1st one.
Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You could also make a playlist called OFF and just put a single silent mp3 in the playlist

http://www.xamuel.com/blank-mp3s/
Userlevel 2
Almost every night I want to set the sleep timer to 90 minutes. A custom time would be a great solution for everyone. Lacking that, additional increments would be awesome.
This would also be great for ambient sounds for pets who are home all day (cat), but turns off at a certain time of night. We've got the Hue lights that can do it - now we need our Sonos to do it! Please consider implementing custom durations for Sleep Timers/Alarms. Thanks!