Crestron 760 - Can't Update the Sonos App

• 13 October 2017
  • 16 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
I've updated my Crestron TSW-760 to the latest firmware (1.002.0016.001) and when I launch the native Sonos app, it wants to check for updates. On the attached screen, I tap "update" and nothing happens.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

You may want to contact Crestron about that. I'm not sure anyone at Sonos would be able to do any troubleshooting of another company's device.
The Crestron TSW-760 Touch Screen is not using the built-in update mechanism that is part of the Sonos app.

Instead the TSW-x60 Touch Screens will automatically check for new updates every night, and download and install a new version if needed.
The built in Sonos app, can also be manually updated from the TSW-x60 setup menu:
Setup > About > Check For App Updates (and verify the installed version on this page above the update button)

Best regards,

Bjørnar Faxvaag
Technical Product Manager, User Interfaces.
Crestron Electronics, Inc.
Outstanding! Thanks for coming by and letting us know, Bjørnar.
Userlevel 2
Badge
@BjornarF When I go through the manual update directions you included above, I get (No Update Needed). However, the Sonos app version listed is 8.6. I believe there have been many updates and I cannot run the native Sonos app. Any other ideas? THANKS!
@cshinn Make sure your TSW-760 is running the latest released firmware. I sent you a private message as well.
Find the IP address in toolbox then open a windows folder. FTP://(the ip) and drag the latest update firmware file into the FIRMWARE folder. Then go back into toolbox and connect to the Touchpanel and open the text console and type in the command 'PUF' and hit enter. I have no clue why but this is the only way we can get the native sonos app to update inside the touchpanel.
There is a new way to fix this issue for anyone still wondering. You simply open the text console in toolbox, point to the touch panel, and type: appupdate sonos
This will update the app outside of the touchpanel firmware.
Badge
I had this issue last year as well & had to get my Crestron installer out to do something to fix it.

The problem is now back again. Anyone else noticed this as well? I wonder whether this is the same problem other people are complaining about with their Savant systems.

Does anyone have a fix available? I am unable to use the Crestron system to control Sonos because the Sonos app insists on checking for updates when it's started and pressing the Update button does nothing. There is no way to bypass this screen.
I have the identical problem. I wasn't running the latest firmware so just upgraded it but it hasn't change the Sonos situation, stuck in the same place as x-son. I can't find anything on this issue on the Yahoo group either...
Crestron has temporarily disabled automatic Sonos app updates while investigating compatibility issues detected with Sonos releases 10.1.0 or later
Badge
Sonos Support has suggested that this is a Crestron problem & we need to contact Crestron. Has anyone here tried that? I'm not a Crestron developer so have no links into their app development program.
Sonos Support has suggested that this is a Crestron problem & we need to contact Crestron. Has anyone here tried that? I'm not a Crestron developer so have no links into their app development program.

Crestron support has stated that there is an issue with compatibility in the latest upates

"Crestron has temporarily disabled automatic Sonos app updates while investigating compatibility issues detected with Sonos releases 10.1.0 or later."
Badge
That's interesting. I wonder whether this means that the Sonos app is actually written & managed by Crestron rather than by Sonos.
I believe that Crestron just hosts the Sonos updates and their panels just download from their hosted service. From what I understood from tech support, they test each update in house before they push it to their host and the panels can download it.
Sonos wrote an API, Crestron would be responsible for incorporating that API in their own code, and distributing it.
Notification are going out that Crestron and Sonos have worked the problem out.

"Crestron & Sonos have resolved the previously observed issues. Sonos App 10.3 is now available for TSW-x60 panels running current FW v2.006.0046.001."