CREATE "TRUPLAY" FEATURE FOR ANDROID OR WINDOWS

• 30 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
SONOS PLEASE CREATE an App, Software or Tool that Operates like "TRUPLAY" for Android or Windows Devices

First, before I begin my discussion, I want to let all the people working at Sonos know your Customer Support is Excellent and the Products are Stunning with Breathtaking Sound Quality!!

I LOVE MY SONOS SPEAKERS!
*(Owner of Play:5 & Two Play:3's and Also, Adding Sonos Sub & Two Play:1's this weekend)

NOW, I agree with most of the customer comments about NOT HAVING TRUPLAY OR AN EQUIVALENT AVAILABLE FOR ANDROID USERS.

I don't understand the company's explanation/reason why they're unable to create a similar Truplay App for Android? Every Sonos Response on this subject, echoes similar answers; Which, discusse a microphone issue as the main obstacle? Android and/or Windows PC's have Excellent Microphones!

Almost 100% of ALL Apps or Software can be used on either Apple iOS or Android Devices.

The company's inability to make this small gesture a Top Priority for ALL Sonos Customers is somewhat disappointing. We all want to attain the best possible sound experience. This small tool could help us get closer.

So, I plead with all Sonos Exec's, please put more Investment, Research & Time to create an App similar to Truplay for Android.

AudioxKing

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It is not the quality of the microphone, once past a minimum level that is a non-issue.

The problem is the calibration of the microphone. Apple has a small set of different microphones and it is easy for Sonos to get one of each to develop the TruePlay profile to support it. Android has hundreds if not thousands of microphones all with different responses, Sonos would need at one of each of them.

A better option would be Sonos selling a calibrated USB mike that could be used in any device.
Userlevel 1
Does anyone know of another way to optimize the Sonos Speakers sound? They must have some kind of app or PC software that can do something similar as Truplay?

There are numerous audio analyzing tools out there, but I haven't had time to research them yet. IF anybody has suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks
A better option would be Sonos selling a calibrated USB mike that could be used in any device.
Yes - as long as it's sensibly priced...
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
You only have to do this once, so borrow a friend's iOS device for an evening.