Answered

Create playlist from song you are currently listening to on Apple Music

• 6 October 2018
  • 8 replies

I might sound like an idiot here - but bear with me - I’m listening to a song on Apple Music through the Sonos app and would like to listen to similar sounding songs in a playlist (using a mix of my own library and songs not in my library). Is there a a way to do this through the Sonos app? Through the Apple Music app I would just tap “create station” but I seem unable to do similarly through the Sonos app.
icon

Best answer by Smilja 23 October 2018, 14:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, brianleolong. Welcome to the community. Thanks for the great suggestion, we will be sure to pass this along for you. In the meantime, please let us know if you need anything else.
I might sound like an idiot here - but bear with me - I’m listening to a song on Apple Music through the Sonos app and would like to listen to similar sounding songs in a playlist (using a mix of my own library and songs not in my library). Is there a a way to do this through the Sonos app? Through the Apple Music app I would just tap “create station” but I seem unable to do similarly through the Sonos app.
This option is already there. Just click (Desktop Controller) / tap (iOS/Android app) the three dots next to the song from which you'd like to "Start Station".
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks, Smilja. I didn't realise this existed for Apple Music as well. Thank you for pointing that out.
My pleasure, Edward. 🙂
Thank you, Smilja. Not sure how I missed that!
You're welcome, Brian. 🙂
P.S. You also can "Start Station" on the 'Artist Info' tab.
Thanks Smilja. Having thought the issue was settled, I've since encountered the problem again - and I think I've identified the circumstances the issue occurs....

Of note, I use Sonos through iOS, not a laptop.

I've attached some photos to help explain - when I search for a song e.g. Everlong by the Foo Fighters, options from both Apple Music and My Library will populate (see photo 1). When I select the song from Apple Music and tap the three dots I get this screen (photo 2) with no option to "Start Station". But, when I select the song to play from "My Library" and tap the three dots I get a different screen (photo 3) with the option to "Start Station". This is curious, as the song in "My Library" is still being played from my Apple Music subscription (i.e.it is not "On this iPhone")

Would be interested in your thoughts?