Create and Edit Google Play Music Playlists Through Sonos Controller

• 10 April 2014
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge
Please add the ability to create and edit Google Play Music playlists directly from the Sonos Controller.  At the moment, the Sonos Controller can read playlists from Google Play Music but the Play Music app needs to be used to create or edit.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

Please Please Plus 1!!!!!
This would be awsome!!!!!
Userlevel 1
This.
This would be awesome. I made a playlist on Sonos using Google Play, but was unable to save it. I would really enjoy this functionality to be added to the Sonos controller. Thank you!
Userlevel 1
I too would really appreciate this feature. I like to listen to music through Sonos when at home but when I am on the go I want my playlists available through google music. Currently I have to keep switching to google music when I hear a track I like through Sonos if I want to add it to a playlist. This is really annoying. Being able to add songs to google music playlists would fix this problem nicely!
This is what I need. It's already present for spotify, deezer en qobuz.I hope Google Play Music will add this too.
Badge
At the very least, please add the ability to add the current track to a particular Google Play playlist.
Badge
It's almost unbelievable that this is not implemented
Please add this feature.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
New user to Sonos, just purchased the Play 1 to get a feel for the system before diving in head first. Really disappointed that the Sonos app doesn't have the ability to create or edit a playlist within Google Play Music. Worst part is you can't even add a track to a current Google playlist which is a total nightmare. Seems like after all this time something such as this should have been implemented. May have to rethink this system....
Badge
Redmasta, it depends how wedded to google music you are? id trial the other streaming services they all have different levels of integration. For example music list editing works on tidal, deezer and Spotify
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
CraigFostersBeard, I have been using Play Music for a couple years now. I listen to a lot of different music and like the large selection Google Play offers. I also enjoy the ability to add albums and songs to my library at a whim and manage playlists on the fly. Being able to create or edit your playlists and basic things like adding a song to a playlist is an essential feature that is missing for users of Google Play Music with the Sonos app.

Enjoying my Play 1 but may hold off on more speakers for now until they develop the app a little more.
Any update on this functionality?
Just bought a Play 1 and this seems critical...it may have to go back..
Userlevel 2
Please ad this feature. Can’t believe there aren’t millions of users who would want this.
Come on this needs to be done.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi. all. Thanks for the great suggestion. It is a shared responsibility between GPM and ourselves to include and add features. It may be an idea to rally them about the issue as well, so that we cover all of our bases. Please let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Please let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.

Hello Edward,

It looks like no one has looked at the GPM/Sonos integration for a long time. Outstanding faults have not been fixed.

For example, I think it was few years ago(!) that I first flagged up to you guys that the Sonos app does not correctly display the contents of your GPM LIbrary:

- In my GPM LIbrary there are 92 Stations that I've added. Both the GPM Web app and GPM Android app show me as having 92 Stations in my Library. Yet in the Sonos app, when I Browse my GPM Music Library, it shows 550 Stations listed [Sonos app navigation: Browse -> Google Play Music -> Music library -> Stations]. It shouldn't be doing this!

- It shows pretty much every Station I've ever played, rather than just showing the Stations I've added to my Library (as should happen). What it looks like you're doing is combining the list of Stations I've added to my Library with the multiple-hundreds long list of 'Recent' Stations (recent obviously being a misnomer here, as the entries go back years...), and then displaying this huge list in a chaotic/random order, so that making any use of this bloated list is impossible.

Fixing this would be nice. Thanks!
Currently I have the ability to stream music from Google Play Music directly to my Sonos speakers through the Google Google Play Music app. I get better functionality overall if I use the Sonos app, however when I do I can't access my GPM albums or favorites or playlists. Even if Sonos could include the option next to their drop down menu "add to Sonos playlist" , an "add to Google playlist " this would be a step in the right direction. This seems to be a long-standing issue between Sonos and Google. Here's hoping you guys get your act together in the best interest of your customers.
I've been asking this for years. Even on the old forum. Will it ever be implemented? It can be done as Spotify has it.

Thanks!

Steve

Hi. all. Thanks for the great suggestion. It is a shared responsibility between GPM and ourselves to include and add features. It may be an idea to rally them about the issue as well, so that we cover all of our bases. Please let us know if you need anything else. Many thanks.