Create an App for the Samsung Galaxy Gear SmartWatch

• 10 October 2013
  • 34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge
A customer would like to have an App for the Samsung Galaxy Gear SmartWatch. Including full control for the volume, skipping tracks etc. What do you think about it?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

Hello, my name is David, i'm from Portugal. Yes this is a SUPER idea!!! I hope it will be a reality very soon 🙂 Thank you in advance 😉
Hello,
this is Gerald from germany.
Great idea, ihope, to get this app soon for ma Gear :-)

thank you
Hello,
this is Gerald from germany.
Great idea, ihope, to get this app soon for ma Gear :-)

thank you
I am really enthusiastic about the smart watches. They are filling an empty space on market. And SONOS should be there imminently. And it’s a natural market for SONOS.
Badge
Now that there are 3 more Gear devices on the way, this should definitely be high on your development team's 'to do' list. The fact that the watch will stream music straight to a bluetooth device from it's 4gb hard drive is cool but I'd rather be controlling my whole music collection through Sonos on my watch. Pretty please!

In fact, there should be a Sonos app for all the 'main' smartwatches (Gear, Sony SW, Pebble) because Andres is right - the freedom of Sonos is the perfect partner to the new wearable market.
There should definitely be an app for this. I bought the Gear Neo specifically thinking I could use it to control my Sonos system. Is this going to be released anytime in the near future?
I recently bought the Gear 2 and would really love the app on my watch 🙂
I bought the gear live (uses android wear). I had no issue controlling Sonos. Sonos controls came on automatically. Pause and volume control worked smoothly. Could also see album cover on watch. Soooo convenient. Now testing the gear s. Beautiful hardware but tizen operating system. Music players are mediocre. Best I can do şo far is pause. Would love a controller for tizen 🙂
Any news on that. I choose the Gear 2 Neo over the gear live. I hope i didn't made a mistake. I would LOVE to control sonos on my Samsung gear 2 Neo. Please make it happen.
If it's in the Beta already, which one, public or private?
Hi,

As a proud recent owner of galaxy gear s and a sonos system spread around the flat, I think this is an absolutely amazing idea. I would love to be able to control the system through my watch without having to pick up the smart phone. Let's face it, I'd rather carry something on my wrist all the time than carry around a phone in my pocket even at home.
Can wait for an APPS for the Samsung S !

An happy Sonos and SamsungGear S Fan.

If both could work together It would be marvelous.
Imagine: Controlling the music of the world from my watch ...
A controller for the Tizen based OS on the Samsung Gear 2 Neo would be so amazing! please SONOS!!! Your products are so amazing, this controller support would make it perfect!

A loyal Sonos customer
Just started using the Samsung Gear S2... a SONOS controller would be the obvious app for this watch. Please consider it. Thx.
As this thread was started by a Sonos employee could we please have an update on the possibility of this happening? This would be a fantastic addition.
As this thread was started by a Sonos employee could we please have an update on the possibility of this happening? This would be a fantastic addition.

It's not really started by a Sonos employee. The "Sonos Ideas" username is a catchall for customer ideas that come in via other sources, like Facebook and Twitter.
Perhaps a response by a Sonos representative, regardless of who started the thread, is now appropriate. I'm a loyal Sonos user (13 zones and counting) and would find a smart watch app very additive.

Is there any consideration from the Sonos Corp in creating that functionality? Smart watches will only be growing in popularity, I hope you continue your forward looking culture and decide to be early on the development curve.
Another one for a Tizen integration would be great, especially as the Gear S2 can communicate with Wifi it would be great to not need a phone at all .
Perhaps a response by a Sonos representative, regardless of who started the thread, is now appropriate. I'm a loyal Sonos user (13 zones and counting) and would find a smart watch app very additive.

The Sonos app already works with Android Wear Smart Watches. I can see what's playing in the currently selected zone, pause it and restart it, skip forwards and backwards, and mute/adjust the volume.

Of course not all functions are available, but I struggle to see ho they could be (and remain useable) on such a small interface.

Cheers,

Keith
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Folks,

Majik is correct in that the Android smart watches can read lock screen controls from the Sonos app on a paired Android phone.

We don't have any updates to share about a more robust smart watch app at this time but we'll be sure to forward your interest along.
@Majik I'm using a Samsung Gear S2 connected via Bluetooth to my Samsung Galaxy S4 where SONOS App runs perfectly.
Can you explain what App you use, because when my Sonos is Playing Internet Radio (via TuneIn), I can just Pause/Play the music,... nothing else... Even the Volume is moving from 0 to 15, but it doesn't affect the SONOS,... Obviously only the phone volume... Thank you
@Majik I'm using a Samsung Gear S2 connected via Bluetooth to my Samsung Galaxy S4 where SONOS App runs perfectly.
Can you explain what App you use, because when my Sonos is Playing Internet Radio (via TuneIn), I can just Pause/Play the music,... nothing else... Even the Volume is moving from 0 to 15, but it doesn't affect the SONOS,... Obviously only the phone volume... Thank you

That is my experience too. All I need is for the volume control to work and I would be happy.
A Tizen coded app would be great. It could interact with the Sonos app on the phone or directly with wifi (gear s2).
Badge
Now the Samsung Gear s3 is announced, it would be cool with an Sonos app.... please 😃

That is my experience too. All I need is for the volume control to work and I would be happy.

Same here. I can control everything with the native music app of the Gear S2, except the volume ! Please provide us a solution !
I use both Android wear and a timer smartwatch. On my tizen (Samsung gear s and soon gear s3) I really miss an app to control my Sonos system. I think this goes for a lot of people who both use Sonos and a Samsung smartwatch. Please provide an app so we can control our great Sonos system with our smartwatch