CR200 search not working after S1 setup

• 11 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi Everyone,

I have an CR200 controller that worked perfectly until I recently split my system into an S1 and S2. I needed to split it because I bought a gen 3 sub and wanted to continue to use the CR200 and a Gen1 Play 5. After the split the controller, which is obviously on the S1 system, does everything it should except allow me to search for music. It will allow me to access the playlists, recommendations etc on each music service but not search them. I use Amazon Music and Tidal. I can not search on either music service. I have tried resetting the controller. Would anyone kindly be able to offer any suggestions on how I could fix this? Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Ross from Australia, thank you for reaching us and welcome to the Sonos Community. 

I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue as well as the steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

I’ll be asking questions to isolate the issue so we can create a path towards resolution.

Have you tried turning off your CR200 and your Play 5 Gen 1for a few minutes? Did it work?
How about using a different controller or mobile device? Were you able to connect to your S1 and search music?

Please submit a diagnostic report of your system and reply back with the confirmation number. This will allow us to see how your system is functioning, and help provide a resolution.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

We'll wait for your reply.

Userlevel 1

Hi Everyone,

I have a tried a number of solutions. The only thing that worked was trying different music services. Apple Music was the only service that still worked out of the three I tried (Tidal, Amazon Music, Apple Music). That means you can still use the search function on your CR200 remote to search for music if you use Apple Music. 

Thank you

Hi!

I’ve have the same problem! It is not possible to search music on Tidal using the CR200 after the S1 update.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks, 

Thank you for getting back to us on this. What you're feeling is completely understandable.

I really appreciate the time and effort you've spent doing all the troubleshooting steps, and it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to expedite the process. 

To further assist you with this, I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support to check what's going on and to provide the best option for you.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Userlevel 2

I have the exact same CR200 problem! Can’t search in Tidal, though playlists, recommendations etc still works. Search function in Spotify also works. I can search in Tidal on my cell phone, but since I am using my CR200 on daily basis I really hope it can be fixed.

Are there any solutions available?

Br Jesper