CR200 doesn't connect

• 5 December 2020
  • 11 replies

I have purchased a CR200 remote and am unable to connect it to Sonos net. I have a bridge and 1 zone players connected over Sonos net (not wifi) and can connect my iPhone but the CR200 will not connect. It sees the network and says it is trying to connect but then fails and says your Sonos component was not found. I've reset my router and the Sonos system and reset it up from scratch but still no joy. I also tried pulling its battery out and didnt work, the CONTROL still does not connect.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @pedro manuel.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

How long have you been using this controller?

I’m afraid that the CR200 is already broken.

You can still use the CR200 for the Upgrade program for Sonos.

When you’re ready to Upgrade your CR200 just login at Sonos.com and click “My Account” then “Trade Up”.

Select the CR200 on this tab, and then follow the prompts to initiate Upgrade. Once it has been confirmed, you will receive your credit right away.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark! Thanks for th quick reply! The CR200 is new.  I just bought it to use with my zoneplayer 90. But when i try to connect the cr 200  it gives me the “this controller was unable to connect to a sonos component” message. I saw a message with the same error in this community. I believe it was solved by a downgrade of the sonos components in order to connect the cr200. Please give me some help . Thanks

Hi   Did you manage to get your CR 200 connected.  It’s just that I have purchased a CR 200 which was connected to a diferent system but it will not connect to mine.  Interested to know what steps you went through to resolve your issue. Thanks

Hi! Didn’t manage to get it connected! Mine was a new product still without any configuration… dont know how to solve it

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Fisher_1.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

CR200 these products only work with the Sonos S1 Controller app.

Since it was registered/used before to a different network, you need to factory data reset it for it to be use on a different network.

• Using the touch controls on screen, tap Settings
  • Scroll to and tap Controller Settings
  • Scroll to and tap Factory Reset

After clearing the data in the CR 200 need to add it to the new/existing network here's how:

Adding CR200 to S1 Sonos System.

1. Connect the power adapter to the back of the charging cradle (included) and plug the cradle into a power outlet

2. Place the Sonos CR200 into the charging cradle to wake it up (the screen will come alive when it’s ready)

3. Follow the CR200 on-screen instructions to add it to your Sonos system.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @pedro manuel.

Thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Like on the previous thread the CR200 can only operate in a household running on the S1 version of Sonos.

CR200s running older software (pre 4.2) cannot be added to a more recent Sonos system due to the way security has been changed on newer versions.

If the CR200 is running software version 4.2 (Build 24.0-xxxxx) till v7.4 (Build 36.4-43070), cr200 is able to join a Sonos household.

I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in depth troubleshooting steps as well as a remote diagnostics that can be remotely gathered from your Sonos devices with your permission. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hi Mark! Did all of that but stil isnt working! When i try to add to the system it just doesn’t connect...it identifies the network but doesn’t connect. If you coul provide some help it will be much appreciated! 

Hi Mark! I am runnig a s1 setup.. but it just doesn’t work...

Hi Mark

Thanks for your comments.  I am running a S1 system.  I have one CR200 which works fine but it is a second hand controller which I have just purchasaed which will not connect.  Understand what you say about doing a factory reset but the when I tap settings on the screen nothing happens.  Is there any other way I can do a factory reset?  Thanks John  

Mark  Having looked other further posts I note that another user had the same problem with not being able to access Settings 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Fisher_1 and @pedro manuel.

Thank you for reaching back out to Sonos Community.

@Fisher_1 Sorry that we only have one option to do a factory data reset.

Mark  Having looked other further posts I note that another user had the same problem with not being able to access Settings 

Yes, we have noticed some customers are reporting the same problem.

Since the two of you are having the same issue and we already track this kind of issue.

I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in depth troubleshooting steps as well as a remote diagnostics that can be remotely gathered from your Sonos devices with your permission. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.