CR200 broken - no snooze on Android - disappointed with controller apps

Userlevel 2
I'm back after almost 2 years from my last post - with the same subject - replacement for CR200.
My CR200 died few days ago (touchscreen works without touching it - doing random clicks) and I'm forced to use Android controller. Which is very annoying - have to unlock my phone etc.
I was thinking about getting dedicated small tablet - but then I found out a feature I was using every day - SNOOZE - is not included in Android or iOS app. How is that possible ?! The feature which was included in old controllers is not there in new ones. And it's a standard part of alarm - not something special.
I did google around, I can see many posts from last 2 years asking about snooze - and the only ansers are "it's not there".

Honesly I'm very disappointed in what Sonos is doing with controllers software in last ~2 years. CR200 was fast and simple - everything current Android application is not.

There are people making workarounds by setting multiple alarms - but first you have to set them up and next if you get up after first one you have to manually disable next ones!

Sonos - how can you treat loyal customers like this ? Quote from other posts in the subject:

"Going to add another vote for the snooze button. It is the only reason I still use my Sonos CR standalone controller. I keep dreading a software update that will stop my CR from working & I loose my precious Snooze."

Sonos - do you read comments at all ? Is there a reason to make your product worse, and to annoy long time customers who paid a lot of money for your product ? It's a very simple feature, just add it back.

1 reply

Feel your pain. I don't have a Sonos player in my bedroom for this reason.

The problem with adding a snooze button to the Sonos app is that you would still need to unlock your screen, launch the app then find snooze.

Maybe a widget or something else would be possible.

But yeah Sonos is limited imo as an alarm clock for this reason (well I don't mind that much but my wife needs a snooze button).

I'm back after almost 2 years from my last post - with the same subject - replacement for CR200.
My CR200 died few days ago (touchscreen works without touching it - doing random clicks) and I'm forced to use Android controller. Which is very annoying - have to unlock my phone etc.
I was thinking about getting dedicated small tablet - but then I found out a feature I was using every day - SNOOZE - is not included in Android or iOS app. How is that possible ?! The feature which was included in old controllers is not there in new ones. And it's a standard part of alarm - not something special.
I did google around, I can see many posts from last 2 years asking about snooze - and the only ansers are "it's not there".

Honesly I'm very disappointed in what Sonos is doing with controllers software in last ~2 years. CR200 was fast and simple - everything current Android application is not.

There are people making workarounds by setting multiple alarms - but first you have to set them up and next if you get up after first one you have to manually disable next ones!

Sonos - how can you treat loyal customers like this ? Quote from other posts in the subject:

"Going to add another vote for the snooze button. It is the only reason I still use my Sonos CR standalone controller. I keep dreading a software update that will stop my CR from working & I loose my precious Snooze."

Sonos - do you read comments at all ? Is there a reason to make your product worse, and to annoy long time customers who paid a lot of money for your product ? It's a very simple feature, just add it back.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings