Question

CR100, ZP80 and ZP100 firmware versions

• 9 February 2018
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
I'd like to know what the most current firmware versions are for the above products. My CR100 is on 4.3 build 251..280 and my Zone players are on 8.2 build 39247040c.

i want to make sure that I have the last/latest firmware updates from Sonos.

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The CR100 build is the most recent. That hasn't changed in a while. The players have an update waiting. 8.3 was released a couple weeks ago.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Thank you, @Ryan S. One more question, please.

Can a person with multiple CR100s get multiple coupons? I was thinking of buying a couple of Play 1's.
Thank you, @Ryan S. One more question, please.

Can a person with multiple CR100s get multiple coupons? I was thinking of buying a couple of Play 1's.

I'll let Ryan S. provide the official answer but from what I've seen so far UK folks can get a coupon for each CR100 they own while US users are limited to one coupon per household.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
I hope this is not true.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
The offer is one coupon per household. If you'd like to discuss any of the specifics, feel free to give us a call.
The confusion is coming from this snippet of communication shared by Nifty50 earlier today:

Hi Mike,

Please see the extract below from the email received today:-

As discussed during my last email we have reviewed the process for our customers who own multiple CR100's.

It's with great pleasure that I can confirm we will be offering a 100GBP voucher per CR100 you own. This would allow you to purchase a replacement dedicated controller such as the iPort Express Audio Keypad offered within http://Sonos.com/shop.

Please find below your Voucher code for your two CR100's.

We certainly hope this will go some way towards compensating you for the loss of using this legacy controller.

Moving onto the iPort Express, I do understand your thoughts here. If it was me I would use a dedicated cheap 7" Android tablet. This would would also provide addition functionality for controlling your Sonos system. Unfortunately we will be unable to offer financial assistance here towards such a device.

Another example from Kenneth-14:

Also, I have had my ticket with Sonos closed with the outcome being they have sent me a voucher for £400 (I have 4 CR100s) that can be used in the Sonos shop. Trying to decide between a couple of Sonos ones (which I dont really need) and a Playbar (which I also dont really need). Having said that, for me, it is an acceptable outcome to my particular case.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Seems odd that customers in a different country get treated differently.

Maybe these two individuals were special cases but it was widely interpreted to mean that Sonos had modified the policy from 1 voucher per household to one voucher per Cr100. It turns out that was incorrect.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Honestly, it's hard to know what to believe. Unless, someone is yanking our strings about getting one voucher per device.
Honestly, it's hard to know what to believe. Unless, someone is yanking our strings about getting one voucher per device. Why would they do that? I think more likely they got a 1 off resolution that was outside the current policy.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
What good is policy, then?
Userlevel 3
Badge +1

They probably have stronger consumer protection laws.