Question

Cr100 wont connect

Hi,

I have a Cr100 that I'm trying to add to my system and it won't connect to my system.

I have a bridge directly attached to my router, with a Play 5, ZP90 and a Ipod dock using the sonos wireless system.

Can anyone offer some help with this please?

Many thanks

Mike

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

19 replies

I've submitted a diagnostic code if that helps: 6383219
It generally seems to be necessary for Sonos Support to assist with getting these things added to a system. I think you will have to give them a call. You are aware that the CR100 no longer has full functionality?
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. I'll send them a ticket.

What's been dropped from the controller? I'm assuming you can still use basic functions...?

Mike
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. I'll send them a ticket.

What's been dropped from the controller? I'm assuming you can still use basic functions...?

Mike

Hi Mike,

The CR100 will have limited functionality but should still work for basic controls. In order to get your CR100 connected you'll need to work with our phone team. I've created a support case for you: 160725-001767. Please give us a call and reference that number. You can find our phone number here.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi John,

Jumping in with my tuppence worth and hoping you got your controller connected. I'm about to call with same issue.

The CR 100 is still my go to controller and I haven't found it lacks anything I need so far. Can select sources and rooms etc, control volumes and play / pause and shows what's playing etc etc. Saves grabbing a phone, entering code, going to app, then doing whatever needs done.

There that feels better.
Badge +3
Is there a trick to this? I had a sonos system for many years and I recently moved. When I set up my sonos in the new house, I did set it up as a brand new system since I had added new equipment that I set up first.

I also love the cr100s as we all use them or the sonos alarm function and quick volume pauses. When all you want to do is snooze, picking up the phone, dealing with the security login my work forces on my portable devices, launching app, and then hitting a button is far inferior to the cr100.

I tried to add my cr100s and when I donthe standard mute/volume up on a unit, the controller still cannot find it. What is the trick to add cr100s?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Is there a trick to this? I had a sonos system for many years and I recently moved. When I set up my sonos in the new house, I did set it up as a brand new system since I had added new equipment that I set up first.

I also love the cr100s as we all use them or the sonos alarm function and quick volume pauses. When all you want to do is snooze, picking up the phone, dealing with the security login my work forces on my portable devices, launching app, and then hitting a button is far inferior to the cr100.

I tried to add my cr100s and when I donthe standard mute/volume up on a unit, the controller still cannot find it. What is the trick to add cr100s?

Hi clemenke,

In order to get your CR100s connected to a fresh system you'll need to work with our phone team. Once they're able to patch the CR100s you won't need the patch again unless you reset your Sonos system. Please send in a diagnostic report from your system and reply here with the confirmation number. I'll create a support ticket for you and help get you in contact with our phone team.
Badge +3
Sorry this took so long, I read a had to hardwire the system as well, and I finally hit around to doing that.

I just ran the diagnostics, my confirmation number is 6879794.

Thank you
Badge +3

Hi clemenke,

In order to get your CR100s connected to a fresh system you'll need to work with our phone team. Once they're able to patch the CR100s you won't need the patch again unless you reset your Sonos system. Please send in a diagnostic report from your system and reply here with the confirmation number. I'll create a support ticket for you and help get you in contact with our phone team.

Sorry this took so long, I read a had to hardwire the system as well, and I finally hit around to doing that.

Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi clemenke,

Thank you

Hi clemenke,

I've created a support ticket for you: 161219-003367. Please give us a call and reference that number, we'll get you up and running. Our phone number and hours can be found here.
Hi Guys, I have the same issue with CR100's not connecting. My Diag info confirmation number is 7216599. Thanks Rick
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Guys, I have the same issue with CR100's not connecting. My Diag info confirmation number is 7216599. Thanks Rick

Hi rhsc,

Your Sonos component's wireless antennas are jammed with interference. They're all wired via ethernet but the CR100 needs a wireless signal to connect. Can you try changing the wireless channel?

It may also help to look around your Sonos units for any third party electronics that could be causing interference. Try moving any such device away from your Sonos units and see if that helps.
Hi Jeff, Thanks for the quick response.

Wireless interference was easy to find as i had the units in the office, along with laptops,printers etc while trying to set them up. I changed the wireless channel & moved them around the house. This rectified 2 of the 3 controllers and they now connect fine.

The 3rd controller still won't connect. When I try to link it, the display shows "connecting" as soon as I push the buttons on the connect amp but then displays a message "This controller was unable to connect" . Do you have any other recommendations ?

Thanks

Rick
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff, Thanks for the quick response.

Wireless interference was easy to find as i had the units in the office, along with laptops,printers etc while trying to set them up. I changed the wireless channel & moved them around the house. This rectified 2 of the 3 controllers and they now connect fine.

The 3rd controller still won't connect. When I try to link it, the display shows "connecting" as soon as I push the buttons on the connect amp but then displays a message "This controller was unable to connect" . Do you have any other recommendations ?

Thanks

Rick

Has the third controller been connected to your system before?

It may help to reset it by holding down the top left and top right buttons for a few seconds.
Hi Jeff, The 3rd controller has not been connected to the network. It was a recent purchase. Resetting the unit using the steps above didn't fix the connection issues. Regards Rick
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff, The 3rd controller has not been connected to the network. It was a recent purchase. Resetting the unit using the steps above didn't fix the connection issues. Regards Rick

In order to get the CR100 connected to your network you'll need to work with our phone team so they can properly patch the unit. Please call us up and reference case number: 170324-002626, Our phone number and hours can be found here.
Is there an Australian based support number? Thanks Like others here I have moved and just reconnected my Sonos network only to find the CR100 controllers won't connect.
Hi Fatboydave

Welcome to the Community!

You can call our Australian support number on the details below :

Australia: 1800 680 234

New Zealand: (06) 833 6925

Monday to Sunday 9am to 5pm AET

Many thanks
Userlevel 1
Badge
So, here's what I did on 5/2/17, and it seemed to work: (1) I set up my new system wirelessly (non-boost, and no hard-wired router connection), using the app on my PC. Trying to connect the CR100 did not work in this configuration. Then (2) I plugged in a hardwire connection to my router from one of my boxes and waited a minute. I think this automatically converts the system to a boost system. Then I reset the CR100, and asked it to connect, and it did.