Cr100 won't connect to system

Bought cr100 controller on ebay unable to connect to system tried with Sonos bridge and play 5 any suggestions many thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

20 replies

To be honest, I think my advice would be use the free controller app.

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2302/~/important-information-about-the-sonos-controller-100-(cr100)
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
The CR100 may be too old to connect to a modern system. Call Sonos support and they can do some magic to allow it to connect.

I have two CR100s from eBay. Well worth it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Bought cr100 controller on ebay unable to connect to system tried with Sonos bridge and play 5 any suggestions many thanks

Hi Fergus,

We can add a patch to your system that will allow the CR100 to connect. Please send in a diagnostic report from your system then reply with the number, here's how.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Same issue here. I have purchased a Sonos CR 100 from ebay, it seems to find the system but is not able to connect to it. What can I do?
Userlevel 1
Badge
I have submitted support diagnostics
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Same issue here. I have purchased a Sonos CR 100 from ebay, it seems to find the system but is not able to connect to it. What can I do?

Hi doced,

I've created a support ticket for you: 161130-002705. Please give us a call and we'll help get your CR100 connected. You can find our phone number here.
I have the same issue. I have send a diognostic ticket 7873505. Please advise
Userlevel 1
I have the same issue. I have sent diagnostic ticket 7986372. Please advise.
I have this issue also. Two CR100s that have always been part of my system. We recently moved and changed our wifi - no connection for the CR100's. One Connect is hardwired into the router via ethernet. The Router is eero. Please help!
Userlevel 2
I have this issue also. Two CR100s that have always been part of my system. We recently moved and changed our wifi - no connection for the CR100's. One Connect is hardwired into the router via ethernet. The Router is eero. Please help!

Same issue here. Please help!
Userlevel 2

Same issue here. Please help!

Scratch that. Fixed the issue by resetting the CR100, it then prompted me thru the reconnection process.
Badge
Hello every body help please could you please help me factory reset my cr 100 remote please
Userlevel 2
Same issue with the CR100 over here. Diagnosic issue number is 8170954. I can't find the option to alter the channelnumber of my Sonosnet either. Looks like my Sonos system has switched to wifi instead of sonosnet, which would of course make my CR100 useless. Can't find the option to change that back ... Is Sonos changing its primary system to work on wifi instead of sonosnet because of the support of new services (Amazon, Google, etc.)? Please respond and explain.
Userlevel 2
Fixed it by connect to my local network (option found). Now it work via sonosnet again and CR100 is working as well. So no further action required, but some explanation would be welcome. I guess what I suggested might be the case then ...
Userlevel 2
And same issue again. Seems the sytem resets itself in wifimode.Please help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
AFAIK the CR100 requires Sonosnet. It is too ancient for wifi support. My two CR100 are still working just fine on Sonosnet (my configuration is way too large to bother with wifi).
Just tried to connect CR100, in order to use it's last few months

Submitted Diagnostics since mentioned in other messages: 8437596
Hi Sonos support team, I Just tried to connect my CR100 to get the discount code and arrange sending back to you guys. I have factory reset the CR100 controller and when going through the setup process, I am unable to connect to my existing zones. I have 1 hard wired ZP80 and then wireless Play:5 and Play:1. When asked to press the mute and volume button to connect, i am doing so on the hard wired ZP80 and after about 10 seconds or so, i receive a message on the CR100 saying unable to connect. Submitted diagnostics, confirmation number 735441069. Please help.
Badge
Hi Dave my advice is ring sonos support and they will sort you out ok , thanks for getting in touch ps I’ve got cr100 on my system working perfectly ie play bar four play 5s mk,2 2 mk1s four play 1s and a sub awesome ok thanks again leights
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
davidclayton84 You can get the serial number off the back of the CR-100 (below the bar-code) and that is all you need to get the rebate process started.

Make sure to enter the full number, not just the MAC ID portion or your rebate may not be approved by the system and need manual intervention after you call Sonos to sort it out.