CR100 won't connect, but iPad, ZP80, ZP100 are connected and working a-ok!!

Userlevel 2
Everything used to work perfectly….Then it all stopped working…so, started by rebooting my router.

I then hard-wired ZP80 and ZP100 via Ethernet to get them to connect.  SUCCESS! I can now control them both on my WiFi network from my iPad SONOS app.  That's all good!

HOWEVER, I cannot get the CR100 to associate with the ZP80 or the ZP100.  

How can I get the CR100 to re-join the party?

I've tried putting both ZP80 and ZP100 into the paring mode (pressing MUTE and VOL-UP)…and they both blink amber…but the CR100 just stares back at me, and eventually times-out.  

When it times out, after a few minutes, it says that no SONOS components are present, but I know better…and so does my iPad, which has no problem controlling both units.

I've also tried resetting the CP100 by pressing the following sequence:

<left soft button>
<middle soft button>
<mute button>
<middle soft button>
<back button>
..then scrolling down to "Turn Off CR"
..and pressing the Enter button

Once I put the CR100 in the dock, and it reboots, I try to pair it again…but no love.

Thanks.

BTW, see 4195270 diagnostics…which probably won't help, given that the ZP80, ZP100 and iPad are working just fine.  It's the CR100 that can't see the other units, so it's likely not going show up in the diagnostic report, either.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

386 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, I have what seems to be the same issue. CR100 will not connect, even after resetting to factory. It sounds like the patch solution may help.

Diagnostic confirmation # 4984370

Thank you!

Hi Dcurtis603,

I've added the patch to your account. Please check for updates, run any that your system finds, then try to connect your CR100 again. Let me know if it doesn't work.
Amazing. The CR100 is, what, 10 years old? And has been discontinued for several years. But, Sonos steps up within minutes with full, no cost support to get these customers back in service.

I can't think of another consumer electronics that comes close to this level of service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

I am having the same issue - I dug out my old CR100 controller to update it as I have not used it for a while, but I cannot get it to associated with anything on my network. My other CR100 controller which I have always used is working fine. My ticket no. is 4991363. Do I need the patch to fix this? I've tried the standard methods of connecting with different ZOs and the wired Zonebridge but having no luck!

Thanks

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I've added the patch to your household. Please check for updates and run any that your system finds. Once done you should be able to add your CR100. Let me know if it doesn't work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
HI Jeff,
Can I get the patch too? Just added a CR100 to my system and it's not connecting. I submitted diagnostics # 5011903. Thanks!

Hi Guitarzan,

The patch has been added to your system so you should be able to connect your CR100 after running updates. Please let me know if it doesn't work.
I too am having the same porblem after setting up a new Wi-Fi system. The Sonos Connect:AMP is connected directly to the router via ethernet. I am able to connect and play music using my computer and smartphone devices, however the CR100 controller does not want to connect after several attempts of unplugging my Sonos and wireless devices.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Greg,

The patch has been added to your system. Please check for updates, run any that you find, then see if you can connect your CR100.

Hi Jeff or Max,

I've upgraded to 6.1 and lost the patch. I' ve recently purchased a brand new/replacement CR200 that will need the patch.

My diagnostic submission number is:

Thanks,

Greg

Hi Greg,

I've applied the patch to your system. Once you check for updates and run any your system finds you should be able to connect your CR200.
Badge
Guys, can you push the patch my way I asked first 🙂 Maybe you should give people a way to install those without having to wait full day before finding out their request was disregarded....

I just got a CR100 and it doesn't connect to my network, I have a bridge and all my speaker are shown as hardwired not wifi connected so should be a patch issue, I have uploaded diag 5412357 yesterday
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Similar issue here, connected the ZP90 to the network, iphone, mac etc all working fine (how easy was that btw!). I tried to reset the CR100 to factory default and let it connect up to the system, but no joy. ZP90 is connected via LAN.
Sumitted diagnostictics under number: 5534116

Hopefully you can find answers your end :)

Kind Regards, Christian

Hi Christian,

I've applied the patch to your account so you should be able to connect your CR100 after running updates. Let me know how it goes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, I have the same issue trying to connect my CR100 to my ZP80. My SonoIS is 109794486 and diagnose submission reference is 6146788. Could you help me please?
Kind regards

Hi Tokemusic,

I've added the patch to your system. You should be able to connect your CR100 once you've run any available updates.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

I think it was this thread I used before...here goes!

I had a CR100 connected that worked after running a diagnostic on my system. I recently changed broadband provider and had to set up my system from scratch, now the CR100 isn't connecting to it. Can this be set up again?

Edit: I've just read the reply above. Do I need/can I have a case number to call please?

Hi Mascot Dec85,

I've created a support ticket for you 161016-000821. Please reach out to our phone team who can help get your CR100 connected. You can find our phone number and hours [url=http://www.sonos.com/en-ie/contact]here]/url].
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the same issue with a CR100 that won't connect. Submitted diagnostics reference #4926426. Any chance I can get lit up for the magical patch? :+) Thanks!

Hi SneakyJN,

The update has been added to your system. Please check for updates and run any that you find. Once done you should be able to add your CR100 to your system.
Userlevel 3
Perhaps I should have posted here before I sent the inquiry to tech support! I am having this issue as well with a new CR100. The one currently on the system works quite well, but the new one will not connect. I have a Bridge connected by Ethernet cable, so no worries there. Submitted diagnostic report is 4931773 and the help question reference number 150924-001074. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Perhaps I should have posted here before I sent the inquiry to tech support! I am having this issue as well with a new CR100. The one currently on the system works quite well, but the new one will not connect. I have a Bridge connected by Ethernet cable, so no worries there. Submitted diagnostic report is 4931773 and the help question reference number 150924-001074. Thanks!

Hi Don,

I've added the patch to your system. Your CR100 should be able to connect once you've run any available updates. Interestingly enough your current CONTROL should not be able to connect as the patch had not been added to your system until just now. This may be due to having multiple Sonos households or some other error. Please let me know if you have any issues.
Userlevel 3
Jeff - I too found it odd that one would connect and the other wouldn't. The only difference I noted was the versions on each CR100 were different. The connecting one shows version 4.3 while the non-connecting shows 3.5. After running the update it appears everything is working well. Thanks for the help today, and a great system every day!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Jeff - I too found it odd that one would connect and the other wouldn't. The only difference I noted was the versions on each CR100 were different. The connecting one shows version 4.3 while the non-connecting shows 3.5. After running the update it appears everything is working well. Thanks for the help today, and a great system every day!

Hi Don,

The versions explain why one connected and the other did not. Early enough software did not need the patch. Glad to hear everything's working. Please let me know if you have any other issues or questions.
Badge
Hi All (Jeff),
Just bought a second hand CR100 and can't connect it, the CR200 does connect without any problems.
Tried the instructions found in this thread, and also connected my Play1 to the Ethernet, but the CR100 will not connect... What steps to take?
Greetings, Arjan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi All (Jeff),
Just bought a second hand CR100 and can't connect it, the CR200 does connect without any problems.
Tried the instructions found in this thread, and also connected my Play1 to the Ethernet, but the CR100 will not connect... What steps to take?
Greetings, Arjan.

Hi Arjan,

If your CR200 connects your system already has the patch. It may help to reset the CR100. You can do so by holding down the top left and top right buttons for a few moments. Once the unit reboots, see if you can connect it to your system. If you are still unable, please try factory resetting the CR100, here's how:
1. Choose settings on the CR100.
2. Go to controller settings.
3. Go to advanced settings.
4. Choose factory reset.

Once reset the CR100 will go through the initial setup process and you should be able to connect it to your system.
Badge
Thank you for replying.
Step 1 was done. After reboot, the CR100 was still unable to connect to the system. The following message is shown: "This controller is unable to connect to a Sonos component. Please try again. (1)".
Step 2. Question now is, how do I factory reset the unit? There is no option for settings. I can only select the language, and then try to connect to an existing system that does not work. Is there another way to reset. Thank you in advance. So I think I am already in the factory reset...:?
Greetings, Arjan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thank you for replying.
Step 1 was done. After reboot, the CR100 was still unable to connect to the system. The following message is shown: "This controller is unable to connect to a Sonos component. Please try again. (1)".
Step 2. Question now is, how do I factory reset the unit? There is no option for settings. I can only select the language, and then try to connect to an existing system that does not work. Is there another way to reset. Thank you in advance. So I think I am already in the factory reset...:?
Greetings, Arjan.

Hi Arjan,

If your CR100 asks for a language it has already been reset. There should be nothing keeping your CR100 from connecting. Please send us a diagnostic report from your CR200 while it is connected to your system. Then reply here with the confirmation number. Here's how to submit reports: How to submit diagnostics.
Badge
Hi Jeff,
The number received by the CR200 is 4950919.
Greetings, Arjan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,
The number received by the CR200 is 4950919.
Greetings, Arjan.

Hi Arjan,

I've added the patch to your system. It seems like your CR200 was connected at an early enough version to not require the patch. At any rate, you should be able to update your system and connect your CR100 now.
Badge
OK funny. It still is software...
I ran the update, and yes the CR100 is now connected to the system (it also started updating).
The other controller CR200 also received an update (system is much faster).
Thank you so much for helping!
Have a nice day. Greetings, Arjan.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
OK funny. It still is software...
I ran the update, and yes the CR100 is now connected to the system (it also started updating).
The other controller CR200 also received an update (system is much faster).
Thank you so much for helping!
Have a nice day. Greetings, Arjan.

Hi Arjan,

That's great to hear. Please let me know if you run into any further issues.
Hello, I have what seems to be the same issue. CR100 will not connect, even after resetting to factory. It sounds like the patch solution may help.

Diagnostic confirmation # 4984370

Thank you!
Badge
Hello I'm also having this issue
It cr100 try's to connect
Goes to connecting please wait then fails to link up
Seems like the same as above solution would work

Diagnostics