CR100 won't connect, but iPad, ZP80, ZP100 are connected and working a-ok!!

Userlevel 2
Everything used to work perfectly….Then it all stopped working…so, started by rebooting my router.

I then hard-wired ZP80 and ZP100 via Ethernet to get them to connect.  SUCCESS! I can now control them both on my WiFi network from my iPad SONOS app.  That's all good!

HOWEVER, I cannot get the CR100 to associate with the ZP80 or the ZP100.  

How can I get the CR100 to re-join the party?

I've tried putting both ZP80 and ZP100 into the paring mode (pressing MUTE and VOL-UP)…and they both blink amber…but the CR100 just stares back at me, and eventually times-out.  

When it times out, after a few minutes, it says that no SONOS components are present, but I know better…and so does my iPad, which has no problem controlling both units.

I've also tried resetting the CP100 by pressing the following sequence:

<left soft button>
<middle soft button>
<mute button>
<middle soft button>
<back button>
..then scrolling down to "Turn Off CR"
..and pressing the Enter button

Once I put the CR100 in the dock, and it reboots, I try to pair it again…but no love.

Thanks.

BTW, see 4195270 diagnostics…which probably won't help, given that the ZP80, ZP100 and iPad are working just fine.  It's the CR100 that can't see the other units, so it's likely not going show up in the diagnostic report, either.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

386 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Riccardo,
The CR100 uses the wireless signal created by the Sonos units to connect. When using the Sonos system in the fully wireless mode, the Sonos wireless signal is disabled. The CR100 does not have the ability to log on to your home's wireless network. If you would like to use your CR100, you can wire one of your Sonos components in to your router. This will enable the Sonos wireless signal and allow your CR100 to connect again.
I have exactly the same problem and have two CR100 controllers that cannot connect. Have tried wiring one of my components into the router but still no response. If I try and connect the bridge it connects but then says there are no music components connected. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeremy,
So that we can determine why your CR100s are not connecting, we would like ot see some data from your system. Please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number: Submit diagnostics.
I have exactly the same problem and have two CR100 controllers that cannot connect. Have tried wiring one of my components into the router but still no response. If I try and connect the bridge it connects but then says there are no music components connected. 
Hi Jeff - have done this. Ref is 4249802. Thanks for your help. 
Userlevel 2
Would be interested in the response... Similar problem but tells me it cannot connect. One of my components already hard wired in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeremy,
It looks like your Sonos system is connected to your home's wireless network in the new, fully wireless configuration. When your system connects to your home's wireless network SonosNet is disabled. The CR100 can only connect over SonosNet, it can't connect to your home's wireless network. To use your CR100, you can go back to the first wired unit configuration by wiring one of your Sonos units or a BRIDGE or BOOST.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jason,
If you have a wired Sonos unit, there may be something else preventing connection of your CR100. Please try rebooting your router by removing it from power, waiting ten seconds, then plugging it back in. You can also try resetting your CR100 by holding down the top left and top right buttons for a few seconds. If those steps do not work, please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number: Submit diagnostic.
Jeff. Sorry, please clarify. What do I need to wire to where? Thanks. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeremy,
If you have a CR100, then at one point you must have had one of your Sonos components connected to your network with an ethernet cable. This was the only way that the Sonos system would work for many years until just recently. You can wire any one Sonos component to your router. If you have a Sonos BRIDGE or BOOST, you can wire this unit, otherwise you can do so with any other Sonos unit.
Jeff, my Bridge is connected to my router via an ethernet cable. My CR100 does connect to the Bridge but when trying to finish the connection the CR100 says that no music components are connected
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeremy,
So we can get your system back up and running, we've set you up with a support ticket: 141227-002307. Please give us a call and reference that number, our phone techs will help fix your system: Contact us.
ok, thanks
I am now having this same problem. I have tried all the above steps and solutions, and have had no luck. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Spencer,

Can you send us a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number? We'll take a look for you. How to submit diagnostics.
I am having the same problem; I just submitted diagnostics confirmation number is: 4438098
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am having the same problem
Hi Klawd07,

We've flagged your account for an update which should help your CR100 connect again. Please check for updates then try to reconnect your CR100. Here's a guide to updating your Sonos system: Sonos updates.
Thank you for the quick resolution.  I am now connected; you guys rock!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Klawd07,

That's great to hear. Please let us know if you have any further issues or questions.
Hi, I'm having the same problem as the guys above! I have tried connecting one of my ZP80's directly into my network and checked that the system works ~OK with everything else. I have also reset the controller. 
However, the CR100 will just not 'see' any of the Sonos system. Help!!!
Go to your sonos settings then advance settings and submit diagnostics and post the ticket ... they got back to me pretty quickly
Thanks for your advice k07 but I already called tech support at Sonos. What amazing guys they are!!! All sorted now. Can't praise them highly enough, thanks guys!!
I am also having problems connecting my cr100? diagnostic report number is 4491841
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am also having problems connecting my cr100? diagnostic report number is 4491841
Hi Sam,

We've flagged your account for a patch which should help with CONTROL connectivity. Please check for updates then try to add your CONTROL back to your system.
Badge +1
Same problem as above - I bought a CR100 from EBay and it does not recognise the system although it does recognise when I press the mute and vol buttons on my play 3 - I submitted diagnostics on number 4511121 - any help would be appreciated
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi John,

I've added the connection patch to your account. Please check your Sonos system for updates. Once the updates are finished, try to connect your CR100 again. Let me know if it doesn't work.