CR100 Voucher Scheme Missed

• 27 November 2018
  • 8 replies

As a long time Sonos user and advocate in the UK, I feel more than slightly aggrieved at only recently finding out that Sonos were offering a limited time voucher scheme for old CR100s. Clearly I've missed the deadline and frankly Sonos Customer Service couldn't give a damn... Anyone else caught in the is position or have any advice?? I suspect it's corporate greed taking over at what I used to think of as a innovator and trail blazer, that should be supported through thick and thin. Well, no longer.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, Griff 500. My apologies for the inconvenience. I appreciate this must be an annoyance to you. However, the offer was valid for several weeks and was even extended. As such, it would be impossible for us to accommodate any further requests for vouchers. It is unfortunate that we were unable to provide you with compensation on this occasion. Please let us know if you need anything else.
As a long time Sonos user and advocate in the UK, I feel more than slightly aggrieved at only recently finding out that Sonos were offering a limited time voucher scheme for old CR100s. Clearly I've missed the deadline and frankly Sonos Customer Service couldn't give a damn... Anyone else caught in the is position or have any advice?? I suspect it's corporate greed taking over at what I used to think of as a innovator and trail blazer, that should be supported through thick and thin. Well, no longer.I presume you didn’t use the controller very much. Did you not see the message on the CR100 controller display, warning about it’s end of life. That was quite a while before it was actually taken offline. I’m from the UK too and it was definitely displayed on my CR100 screen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
If you think about this, it's necessary for Sonos to time-limit this offer. Otherwise CR100s picked up for pennies on eBay as 'obsolete' could be worth $100. I'm NOT saying this is the case for you, just that this is a necessary defence mechanism on Sonos's part.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
As a long time Sonos user and advocate in the UK, I feel more than slightly aggrieved at only recently finding out that Sonos were offering a limited time voucher scheme for old CR100s. Clearly I've missed the deadline and frankly Sonos Customer Service couldn't give a damn... Anyone else caught in the is position or have any advice?? I suspect it's corporate greed taking over at what I used to think of as a innovator and trail blazer, that should be supported through thick and thin. Well, no longer.I presume you didn’t use the controller very much. Did you not see the message on the CR100 controller display, warning about it’s end of life. That was quite a while before it was actually taken offline. I’m from the UK too and it was definitely displayed on my CR100 screen.
That's right, Ken. The one in the office, in the UK Test Lab, was going on and on about it. I thought it was a bit overkill, though took some comfort in the thought that there was a small chance users would neglect to see it.

If you think about this, it's necessary for Sonos to time-limit this offer. Otherwise CR100s picked up for pennies on eBay as 'obsolete' could be worth $100. I'm NOT saying this is the case for you, just that this is a necessary defence mechanism on Sonos's part.
Precisely this. Not to sound accusatory to the OP by any means as this thought hadn't even crossed my mind, but it's an excellent point.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
But don't sonos keep a register of what sonos products we own on our account, and when added?
So sonos could easily see the Cr100 was added last week...although it couldn't............. as it is a "dead parrot and not just resting" 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Absolutely, Paul, this is true, we do. However (and please don't take this as any form of admission on Sonos' part - it's entirely my own assumption), I can only imagine that an explicit cutoff date is far more favourable than having to dig into the more nuanced aspects, on a case-by-case basis. We did do it for a while, thus extending the claims period for the voucher, but we're now several months down the line and it had to end somewhere, I suppose.
Thanks for the input from you all. Most appreciated. I understand that there has to be a policy, but was hoping for a little more flexibility. As it happens, Sonos customer support did get back to me and offered a discount voucher for new purchases up to Christmas. A very nice gesture. Thank you Sonos.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks for the input from you all. Most appreciated. I understand that there has to be a policy, but was hoping for a little more flexibility. As it happens, Sonos customer support did get back to me and offered a discount voucher for new purchases up to Christmas. A very nice gesture. Thank you Sonos.

Ahhh, brilliant news. 🙂