CR100 voucher

Sounds like people have been getting an email describing how to obtain a voucher for each controller. Why haven't I received an email?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I would call Sonos. From what I heard the cr100 had to be a active on customers system in recent months. If your is not being used you wouldn’t have been flagged (not sure if that is your case just saying what I heard as to who got emails)
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You will need the full serial number off the CR-100, not just the mac address. The e-mail really doesn't say anything past "your CR-100 will quit working in a few days and has this link:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/cr100?utm_source=owners-all&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cr100infolink-US&utm_campaign=goodbye-cr100_reminder

If you don't have the e-mail sent to you the submission form might not work for you as it appears to have coded user information in the URL.
Badge +1
The link in the email has bulk mailing codes. But it resolves to the one shown above by Stanley. As it happens when I received the email I clicked the link and then emailed the resolved link to myself on another computer, and I have successfully used the code; so I can confirm that you don’t need the email bulk mailing codes.
How long is it taking folks to get their vouchers once they submit the form? I submitted last Saturday and have seen no response... is this normal?
I submitted at least 4 weeks ago / probably more like 5 weeks. I haven't heard anything. Cricket's.
I submitted at least 4 weeks ago / probably more like 5 weeks. I haven't heard anything. Cricket's.

I spoke with support and they said they cannot check the status or do anything until 14 days after my submission. Sounds like they should be able to track down what is going on with yours though since it is more than 2 weeks.
Userlevel 3
I just clicked to get my voucher and it says the link has expired.... still pissed about having to ditch my beloved CR100 to be honest...
I would call support to verify you are using the correct link.
Userlevel 2
After avoiding updates myself a guest to our home accepted this bricking all my CR100s. OK I thought time to get the voucher at least. I called Sonos Support and they told me the offer expired several months ago. What?? The email they sent me telling me about the offer in April didn't mention an expiry date. Really Sonos, please tell me that your rep made a mistake and that you are trying to take care of the customers whose investments you just broke.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You'd likely be better off calling in and discussing the problem with the Sonos support folks. I don't have the old e-mails but I do remember seeing the cut-off date somewhere and yes, it is long past.

This should serve as a reminder to all the CR-100 fans out there, don't let folks on your WiFi that may brick your CR-100s! Set up a second or guest WiFi if you need to let them on line.
Recently moved over the summer and just reinstalled our Sonos system. Received the software update notice and went ahead...only to find out that my CR100 is now unsupported and completely unusable. I am a registered Sonos user, and NEVER received an email notice that my CR100 was end of life or that the latest SW update would render my CR100 unusable.

I'm a rational person and fully expected Sonos to take care of all CR100 users. I found these threads and recently submitted a support request. Just received my response from Anthony L that I'm out of luck - no downgrade, no voucher, no support. The CR100 program ended in June and they're not able to support any of their CR100 customers any longer. A $100 voucher for new Sonos equipment would have been a win-win.
Recently moved over the summer and just reinstalled our Sonos system. Received the software update notice and went ahead...only to find out that my CR100 is now unsupported and completely unusable. I am a registered Sonos user, and NEVER received an email notice that my CR100 was end of life or that the latest SW update would render my CR100 unusable.

I'm a rational person and fully expected Sonos to take care of all CR100 users. I found these threads and recently submitted a support request. Just received my response from Anthony L that I'm out of luck - no downgrade, no voucher, no support. The CR100 program ended in June and they're not able to support any of their CR100 customers any longer. A $100 voucher for new Sonos equipment would have been a win-win.

I never received an email from Sonos and never would have known about the vouchers if I did not check in on this forum from time to time. Even after submitting the voucher form I had to chase it for a couple of weeks to get the actual voucher as there was no confirmation either in the form submittal process or from any email following submission. I don't know how typical this was for the voucher process generally but for me the communication was not good and I can see that I might easily have missed out on the vouchers entirely if not for this forum plus manual intervention from Sonos support.
Userlevel 2
For those that haven't seen it here's the actual email that I received on April 4th. There is NO mention in here that this is a limited time offer that will silently end with no warning to users that haven't yet taken advantage of it. Sonos clearly has little interest in trying to make things right for their customers by so severely limiting even this token effort.

--------------
Important Reminder to Recycle Your CR100
We’re reaching out to remind you that next week we’ll release Sonos software version 8.5. Once your software is updated, the CR100 will no longer connect to your Sonos system. To learn more about why we’re making this update, please visit www.sonos.com/CR100.

The choice to update your system—either manually or via your device’s auto-update settings—is yours, but opting not to update means that over time you will experience decreased functionality. You’ll no longer be able to add speakers and new services and voice assistants. You also won’t receive future security patches.

Additionally, if you continue to use your CR100 and ignore future software updates, you are acknowledging the risk of the aging lithium ion battery in your controller.

If you choose to recycle your CR100, please fill out this form to receive a code for $100 off your next purchase at sonos.com.*
For help setting up a new controller option for your home, check out our step-by-step guide for installing the Sonos app on your phone, tablet or computer, or reach out to our customer care experts here.

Get your $100 coupon

*Limit one per household. If you have already filled out this form and gone through the redemption process, no further action is required.
My products are registered through Sonos (including my CR100), and my email account hasn't changed in 15+ years. If I received the email and I chose to ignore it, then my problem. However, I didn't receive an email nor did I receive any warning that the software upgrade would render my unit useless. Can't say I ever had a hardware component (which I OWN) that was forcefully removed "out of service" by the manufacturer. Might as well call this a mandatory supplier recall without compensation.

Sonos has missed out on a great opportunity. They had (have) a strong community following for their products and certainly the CR100. Companies spend a good amount on digital marketing activities (social impressions, NPS, customer value metrics) and missed out on a great opportunity to influence a positive experience with existing and potential customers. They certainly would have recaptured their cost of the voucher. My opinion of Sonos has changed...shame that a bungling of their CR100 communication and voucher process tarnished their image even with a small percentage of their customer base.