Answered

CR100 unable to connect to Sonos component. Please try again (1)

• 26 January 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 6 replies
I am trying to use a CR100 that I've not used for a long time. When I try to connect it to my system, it recognises when I press the two buttons on the nearest player, I goes the the

Connecting. Please wait. This can take a few minutes

Then

This controller was unable to connect to a Sonos component. Please try again (1).

I'm wondering if it's an issue with the software being out of date. My other CR100 which has been in use all along works fine. This one's been in the attic for a while.

Grateful for any ideas!

Thanks
Patrick
icon

Best answer by ratty 1 July 2019, 19:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

You'll need Sonos Support's assistance to update the CR100. Give them a call.
Badge
Thanks Ratty. They sorted it. The problem was indeed that I hadn't used it for so long that the update from where it was to current was too much for it. They regressed one of my Players so I could link to that, then updated both.
I've got the same issue with an online purchase CR100 - what's the best way to contact them , sounds like i need exactly the same & i've got 8 units so I really don't want to mess up my whole system . . .
CR100 is no longer supported, and in fact hasn't been for over a year. You won't be able to integrate it with your system. If the CR100's a recent purchase then it's been sold under false pretences.
Thats for that Ratty, I was given a CR100 when I was trying to get a PSU for a CR200 - so in fact it's cost me nothing, it looks like the best route is just to leave a spare iPad in that room as the controller !

Many thanks anyway,

MM