CR100 compensation - TIME LIMIT UNFAIR

• 9 February 2018
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6
I love the CR100. Please keep it.
But I applied for my voucher thinking ...OK. They are trying to compensate for the hundreds we spent. I have 2 active CR100’s and I sent them the serial numbers. I’ve got ONE voucher.
And I need to spend it within 6 months.

NO SONOS. That’s NOT fair.
I don’t uave an immediate need for a new Play1 or whatever. I’ve got sonos devices all over the house. Please extend the time limit to at least one year.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Folks discussing this in the "Save the CR100" thread have been getting a voucher for each CR100 they own. How is it you did not get the same deal?
Userlevel 2
Voucher can’t be used on the current play one twin bundle either, not impressed.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Are there other purchase restrictions on the voucher other than the play one bundle? It's ridiculous that there should be ANY restrictions but I'd like to know before accepting any voucher.
Userlevel 2
The wording is ‘cannot be combined with any other deals or promotions’ great hey!
Guess I will wait for Sonos to cut its prices now Apple have released their HomePod.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
How is the voucher deemed a "deal" or "promotion"? It's supposed to be goodwill compensation from Sonos for bricking your CR100s.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Are there other purchase restrictions on the voucher other than the play one bundle? It's ridiculous that there should be ANY restrictions but I'd like to know before accepting any voucher.
The voucher is a coupon and therefore won't work with other promotions, of which the only one I believe currently active is the two Ones bundle. It also, for the same reason, can't be paired with another coupon that you might have from any other source.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
The voucher is a coupon and therefore won't work with other promotions, of which the only one I believe currently active is the two Ones bundle. It also, for the same reason, can't be paired with another coupon that you might have from any other source.

Wow - and I was expecting this to be the equivalent of a gift card. How naive of me to think that Sonos would do the right thing even for those accepting the compensation. It is also disingenuous to offer a voucher/coupon that has inherent restrictions and to not clearly state these on the CR100 Submit webpage (https://www.sonos.com/en-ca/cr100submit?utm_source=owners&utm_medium=email&utm_content=couponbutton-EN-CA&utm_campaign=goodbye-cr100).
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
My apologies for any confusion there, Ikrananka. On the page you linked, you'll see this described as a coupon code and the specifics for its use also lined out:

When can I use my coupon code?

You can use your coupon code as soon as it arrives in your inbox. Your code will be valid until July 1, 2018 for a purchase on sonos.com and cannot be combined with any other deals or promotions.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
My apologies for any confusion there, Ikrananka. On the page you linked, you'll see this described as a coupon code and the specifics for its use also lined out:

When can I use my coupon code?

You can use your coupon code as soon as it arrives in your inbox. Your code will be valid until July 1, 2018 for a purchase on sonos.com and cannot be combined with any other deals or promotions.

Ah - I stand corrected and apologise for my error.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
POINT BEING -----> 6 Months - PLEASE EXTEND TO A YEAR ????
That was the point of this thread...
But no response on that yet ?
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
and how come I didnt get 3 vouchers for the 3 CR100's I own ? Although Im happy to declare I only use 2. Both still active. The 3rd died a death....battery failed. So 2 vouchers surely ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Would selling the other CR100's on ebay, and that buyer claiming the £100 voucher work ok?
I would assume sonos are tracking serial numbers against addresses?
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Would selling the other CR100's on ebay, and that buyer claiming the £100 voucher work ok?
I would assume sonos are tracking serial numbers against addresses?

Errrr.. no. Not interested.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
So SONOS have confirmed ONE voucher per household. So for my 3 CR100's (2 of which are 100% functioning)
I get a £100 voucher that I have to spend by end of July. But they have NOTHING I am interested in buying......
Such a shame what SONOS has become these last few years..
Once again they have forgotten those who helped them start up, those who took the first steps with you.
So SONOS have confirmed ONE voucher per household. So for my 3 CR100's (2 of which are 100% functioning)
I get a £100 voucher that I have to spend by end of July. But they have NOTHING I am interested in buying......
Such a shame what SONOS has become these last few years..
Once again they have forgotten those who helped them start up, those who took the first steps with you.

You may have helped them start up but what have you done for them lately? Unless you start replacing your old Sonos gear with newer kit from them then you are not contributing to their revenue stream and therefore not much use.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
Yes they have to develop. Evolve. Generate profits. Of course. I’ve no issues with that.
But any company that ignores existing customers does so at their peril. Especially in a market increasingly about the services they provide on an increasingly limited number of devices with massive competition.
I’m pretty sure every CEO on the planet would agree that the cost of retaining customers and cross selling to them is far cheaper than getting new customers and that opinions of existing customers significantly influence the purchases of new customers. Our opinions matter. Our views matter.

And although I started the first months they arrived in UK ,. 2005?? (They wouldn’t ship from USA at the start - we had to wait for Simply Sonos to be set up) , I’ve also bought new in recent months. Maybe not as much as many but there are a lot of Sonos devices in the house. 7ZP’s plus Play’s and PBar et etc.

So I’ll continue to criticise their appalling record in recent years of supporting the base fundamentals of UI, and home Audio and forgetting those who aren’t laggards but want to continue to enjoy music on internal NAS, in high quality lossless and not streamed low quality.
They can evolve into Home theatre and Streaming and services as their core focus but no need to leave their roots behind.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
So the latest is that not only do I get ONE voucher despite having 3 CR100’s.
Nor do I Get an answer to my “please extend timeframe” I also cannot get an email direct with Sonos. They seem to force me to have public discussion.
Now I learn that I can’t spend it online with my Sonos dealer since 2005. I must spend direct with Sonos stores.
Sonos. Why not allow your distributors to accept the vouchers. They are the ones I have a 13 year relationship with.
Real cheap deal that in compensation for 3 CR100's I get a voucher I cant use on what I need - a pair of Sonos Ones, because that an "offer". Big deal. Possibly time to ditch Sonos and move to something else.
To me it looked like the voucher can be used on ANY Sonos product? Hey for $100 off I'll take another Play:1. Hopefully they waive shipping also.
Sonos, Oh how disappointing this is to hear this news. I have three CR100 controllers that form the backbone for the control of my system. I've been an ardent supporter and promoter of your products for over 10 years. I'm responsible for at least half a dozen new customers. This decision has changed my mind about you and your compensation for such passionate support is inadequate. I have never liked your smart phone interface and besides, I don't have spare smart phone / iPads to replace my CR100 controllers. Your offer of a single $125 time-limited and restricted coupon is not helpful -- I don't need anything else other than a replacement for my three controllers and your offer is not going to help with that.

I think you have two ways to make this right: 1) retain support for the controller, 2) provide a meaningful non-expiring, gift-card style credit FOR EACH CR100 a customer owns.

Please make this right and restore my faith in you...
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
i replied with my info on 1st feb should i have received the email with £100 voucher by now
I would resubmit.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I contacted support via e-mail and they couldn't seem to find my original submission. I e-mailed them back my information as well as doing a new submission from the web page.

I never got a confirmation e-mail from the first submit and it has been four plus hours since my resubmit with no confirmation.

Has anyone gotten any feedback from the form submission?
There was no confirmation email upon submission.
Userlevel 4
Badge +6
HI folks.. Well I've not got TWO vouchers for my 3 CR100's. - A Minor victory.
But Sonos are standing firm on the following
1 - Refusing to allow me to spend the vouchers with my Sonos dealer since 2005 - Seems to me they are stealing customers from their own distributors - smart business strategy, NOT!
2 - Refusing to extend the lifespan of the voucher beyond 6 months
3 - Refusing to allow me to spend both vouchers on one item. I voucher per checkout.
It sucks. This is not a compensation scheme.We lose on all counts.
Other systems looking more and more attractive.