Question

CR100

• 4 August 2020
  • 3 replies

I see that SR2 is not compatible with the CR100.

What are my options?

Jim Sheehan

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

No recent Sonos software is compatible with the CR-100, support for it was removed long ago (several years) so any updates since then would have resulted in it not functioning.

I’ve been using low end Samsung Tab A tablets as controllers, not as cheap as the Fire but I’m very happy with them.

Bumpity Bump to keep these ? all in one place:

I have 2 CR100s that actually still integrate into my 4 zone system humming along on 4.3.1 until somebody accidentally upgrades me. I assume “no longer supported” means they are a no-go in S1 (whatever that means, haven’t learned that one yet), right?

corollary ? #1--if I pick up a legacy zone or bridge that hasn’t been upgraded to something beyond 4.3, can they be brought in to my system?

--and similarly is there a downloadable version of 4.3 or is default set-up (assuming one exists)  S1? any “non-supported” 3rd party hosts/repository of legacy software?

huge thanks in advance and absolutely no “why can’t they support products forever” whining (even though I just snuck that in--grin)

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I presume you mean S2?

Options are a cheap Amazon Fire Tablet HD currently £59 but often reduced to around £40

or cheap old Android/Apple Phone but be sure that it has a Firmware that is supported by apple.

I have a very cheap Windows Lynx tablet.  I like the windows interface and it works a treat but you cannot use it to add new speakers.  Also the iPort express and other 3rd party devices but not many have screens.