Question

Cover art has disappeared for 95% of songs on local mobile device

• 18 May 2020
  • 1 reply

For some reason, about 95% of the cover artwork normally shown in the Artist or Album pages and their click-down song lists in the ‘On this Mobile Device’ category have recently vanished - sometime over the last month or two I guess. The artwork is still visible on the actually player screen when you listen to any of the songs.

All of the files are MP3 and correctly ID3 tagged​, and they all displayed fine until recently. This problem had occurred on both of the Samsung phones in our household, where files are stored in a Music folder and its subfolders on the local SD Card on one device (Galaxy A40), and in internal memory on the other (Galaxy A70), with relevant access permissions granted. Both phones have updated themselves from Android 9 to Android 10 relatively recently, in case that’s related.

[Edit: seems OK on my Samsung Tab S2 tablet running Android 7]

Andre​​​​​​

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@Andre Willey Sorry for the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. Are you still running into the issue missing artwork/metadata as I saw a note mentioning the Samsung tablet as OK? What troubleshooting steps have you tried already? We do not control how that metadata is made available to us. Have you confirmed that your devices storing the music that are running the Sonos app meet our system requirements? If any device running the Sonos app is still giving you an issue then please provide us an updated diagnostic report number(s) from that device(s).

If you have tried basic steps like that device(s) being re-booted or your wifi and Sonos equipment being re-booted and still have the issues then please also provide us your full network topology with the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged).