Question

Cortana

• 4 November 2015
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
This may be totally ridiculous, but wouldn't it be great to use something like Cortana to help control SONOS?

It's available for all the mobile OSs (including Windows 10 mobile by the way - which we know you love so much SONOS ;P)

It will be available on xbox one and the band 2 - not to mention the Apple watch.

End result being something like "Hey Cortana, play Bob Dylan" random Bob Dylan comes on... Nice. Don't really care if it's Siri, Cortana or Ok Google. Maybe a bit of IFTTT would be nice as well

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
I totally agree. I would like to have cortana on my One
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Even if Sonos and Microsoft don't strike up a relationsihp to make direct access to Cortana available, at some point you'll be able to tell Alexa to "Open Cortana" in order to access Microsoft's assistant... and eventually there may be more seemless integration, where specific commands are automatically directed to Cortana instead.
Ars Technica: Cortana and Alexa are coming together...

On the other side, you'll also be able to ask Cortana to "Open Alexa" from your Windows 10 computer or Xbox console...
Userlevel 1
Yeah, that's true...but it's just not the same.