Controlling multiple connect amp Sonos system with Google

• 30 December 2017
  • 3 replies

I have a 7 zone Sonos system which I currently control with the Sonos App. I want to use a recently acquired Google home device to control the Sonos system. My speakers (8 Pairs) are hard wired to the connect amps. How can I control access to my music both personnel and streaming and group and un-group my speakers like I do with the Sonos app using my new google device?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Google Assistant isn’t yet supported by Sonos, so you can’t. Next year.
Why am I reading all this info regarding chromecast and using it to control grouped and ungrouped Sonos speakers
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
At present the only way to output Audio via Google Assistant is via Chromecast Audio, unless you have the Google Home Max which has a Line Out connection. But this won't 'control' Sonos in the way you want, it just directs the Google Home audio stream to your Connect Amp using whatever Streaming service is set-up on the Google device. My experience is that the audio quality from Spotify on Google Home, streaming via Chromecast Audio to my Connect is poor and very much below the quality of the Sonos App.

The intention is to provide Google Assistant integration into the Sonos One some time in early 2018 and this will provide users the ability to choose between Alexa or Google Assistant for voice control. No exact date has currently been given by Sonos with regard to a release date.