Question

Controller & Software

• 19 January 2018
  • 1 reply

I have just bought my first Play 1. I tried to download the sonos app to an iPad initially IOS 9, an a message came up to say: "Version Unconfirmed. There was a problem confirming if your Sonos controller is up-to-date. If you continue and your controller is not up-to-date, you will be unable to set up certain Sonos Products". I then downloaded the mac desktop controller on my macbook pro and I'm getting the same message. Can anyone advise on this? I am a Sonos virgin so not sure if there is something else i should be doing with the speaker first in preparation? My broadband router is fibre optic and its in the same room as my Play 1's. Thanks in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
So your running ios9 on your ipad. That can run the full controller so lets start their.

You go to app store and download the Sonos app - Current version is 8.2.2

Now lets do setup the way I think is easiest. Take your Play:1 and hook it to your router via Ethernet cable.

OPen the Sonos app and it will ask you if your connecting to new or existing system. Choose New

Then it will ask what type system - choose BOOST setup (since having play:1 connected to router is that).

Follow all setup.

Once its all done and setup. Go to settings in the controller (hit the ... in lower right). Chose Advanced Settings....wifi setup. Then you can setup your home wifi info. ONce that is done you will be able to disconnect from router and take speaker anywhere you want in house.