Answered

Controller / Phone - Can't Find Sonos System

• 15 October 2018
  • 2 replies

I have been having Wifi issues and switched over to a Boost system. Running Sonos from my wired in PC appears fine, it will talk to ALL speaks across a 3 story house, however I can no longer get my phone (iphone) to connect to the new Sonos wifi. Does anybody else have this issue...if so please do you have any advice on how you fixed it. I'm bored of having to run down two flights of stairs to use, what should be, a wire less system...?
Thanks
icon

Best answer by John B 15 October 2018, 12:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
iPhones cannot connect to the SonosNet (Only Andorids can do this).

Your iPhone needs to connect to the Wi-Fi network to be able to control Sonos.

A couple of things to try.

- In iPhone switch off Wi-Fi assist which sometimes doesn't play well with Sonos
- Make sure the iPhone is connecting to the 2,4 GHz Wi-Fi network (NOT the 5 GHz one) - sometimes routers don't correctly pass traffic properly between the bands
iPhones cannot connect to the SonosNet (Only Andorids can do this).

Your iPhone needs to connect to the Wi-Fi network to be able to control Sonos.

A couple of things to try.

- In iPhone switch off Wi-Fi assist which sometimes doesn't play well with Sonos
- Make sure the iPhone is connecting to the 2,4 GHz Wi-Fi network (NOT the 5 GHz one) - sometimes routers don't correctly pass traffic properly between the bands
Last point is true, but when Sonos is in Boost mode there is no need to pass traffic between the bands, as it can use the wired connection, so phone on 5GHz is OK. (Although 2.4GHz range is better - that might help.) But as Stuart said, the problem is probably between your phone and your router, and there isn't much Sonos can do about that.

You might try using an access point / extender wired to one of your Sonos players, to give a signal to which the phone can connect.