Question

Controller on sonosNet

• 2 January 2015
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15
  • Headliner I
  • 1032 replies
Why can't the controller function of the SonosNet, is this a hardware or software issue, I think it would eliminate the drop-offs user get with their controllers when out of wifi range, plus I think it would make it easier to implement "Restrict access to certain zones" which can be found here: https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/restrict_access_to_certain_zones Frankly I'm not a fan of using my local wifi to connect my sonos system as all the other devices using my wifi take up bandwidth and would rather have a dedicated mesh network handling my audio set-up.

4 replies

The CR200 controller uses Sonosnet and an Android based phone or tablet can be configured to use Sonosnet. Apple products cannot be configured to use Sonosnet but that is a limitation of Apple not of Sonos.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
The CR200 controller uses Sonosnet and an Android based phone or tablet can be configured to use Sonosnet. Apple products cannot be configured to use Sonosnet but that is a limitation of Apple not of Sonos.
Explain why it's a limitation of Apple?
Ask Apple. Their API doesn't allow you to mess with wireless.
Userlevel 6
Badge +15
Whom shall I ask! Mr Jobs? API doesn't allow would have answered my question.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings