Answered

Controller constantly wants to update

• 23 January 2018
  • 40 replies

I have v 8.3 Sonos Controller on my iPhone. When I go into it, it tells me there is an update. In the past, it would just then update, but now it sends me over to the App Store, where the App Store tells me that I'm up to date and was last updated 3h ago. However, every time I go into the Sonos Controller it says "Sonos update available" with an "Update Now" button that takes me back to the App Store.

How do I get beyond this? Do I have to just ignore it until the next update? Not thrilled with it now wanting to force me to the App Store yet not know if it is updated or not.
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 23 January 2018, 19:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

40 replies

Same problem. Circular update. Keeps opening new instances but wont actually update to 8.3.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Same here....?
Badge
#MeToo
Ditto..the update is on a constant loop..
Userlevel 2
And me too!!!
Userlevel 2
Similar issue. Wouldn't actually take the update. I deleted and re-downloaded and that did it..
Really annoying. I thought it was me! But it just goes in a loop. I want to update - the last layout was poor compared to the past. Hope they have sorted it. I LOVE Sonos!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi guys, this happens sometimes with the App Store. As cwca02 said, just delete the app and re-download it from the App Store, that should do it.
Good advice! Thanks
If I delete app, won’t that delete all my play lists and setting?
No..it just downloads from the cloud..everything intact for me..
Just keeps cycling me between update notice in current 8.2.2 app and ap store. Afraid of loosing all current set ups if I delete old and install new
Badge
Delete old app and download newest. When reopening, it asks whether or not you wish to connect to existing system, which is of course, what you want. Good luck.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
If I delete app, won’t that delete all my play lists and setting?
Playlists, favorites, and settings are all stored on your Sonos players, not the app. You won't lose anything, just make sure you select to connect to an existing system, not a new system. If you pick new, you'll wind up deleting everything and resetting your Sonos players.
Where can i find the new download
Userlevel 7
Badge +16
Playlists etc are stored in the Speakers not on the App so there's no danger of losing them.
Badge
Where can i find the new download
Badge
The App Store .
Perhaps it’s me but the “update” function to enable Sonos 8.3 does not appear to work on my IPad, when opening my existing Sonos app I am prompted to “update” This directs me to the App Store where the latest Sonos app is displayed with an “open” option, when this is selected it seems to take me back to my start point having not updated. I cannot see another option such as “download” is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Wonderful. Sorted. Thanks for your help.
Perhaps it’s me but the “update” function to enable Sonos 8.3 does not appear to work on my IPad, when opening my existing Sonos app I am prompted to “update” This directs me to the App Store where the latest Sonos app is displayed with an “open” option, when this is selected it seems to take me back to my start point having not updated. I cannot see another option such as “download” is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Need to refresh the screen in App Store by pulling it down.
I had already run an update on a pc. It’s annoying that I have to run the update on all devices linked to my system. Deleting the app and reinstalling it on my iPad fixed the looping problem. Guess that’s what I’ll have to do on my wife’s iPad and iPhone!
Userlevel 3
Badge
Never ceases to amaze me that every time there is an update, I come in here because I am havingproblems and it turns out that hundreds of other people are also having problems.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, gadfly_hatesthis. Are you still having problems updating? If so, please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end. I'll be happy to take a look and advise.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The 2 million without problems don't come here in general.