I am trying to connect all 5 zones that they can play the same source (ie Pandora) at the same time as we move through different zones of the house. Currently they can all do separate instances of Pandora and other digital music.
I purchased the Sonos Connect in hopes it would hold hands with the C4 to bridge this gap. I am not sure whether the C4 should go to an input on the Sonos Connect or if the SC should be an input onto the C4. The Playbar and Play 1 are connected as a zone in C4 via IP addresses currently. I suppose there is a possibility the SC can go directly to Pioneer AVR.
Which connection method would accomplish my goal?
Any advice appreciated.
Best answer by Tom B
- Connect the EA3's output to the CONNECT's input
- On your Sonos app, group everything together
- Go to Settings, Room Settings and select the CONNECT
- Under Line-In, set the 'Autoplay Room' to be the CONNECT itself
- Make sure 'ungroup on autoplay' is not ticked
With this configuration the CONNECT will detect a Line-In signal when there is one, and automatically play it to all grouped zones. If you prefer to use your Sonos app for most of the music selection and control, then do this the other way around. Have the CONNECT's outputs going to the EA3 inputs.