Answered

Control two devices (rooms) from volume on a single device

• 4 December 2017
  • 1 reply

I have a very simple set up: A Sonos One at the front of my house (labelled Foyer), and the Play 5 in the middle of the same room (labelled Living Room). Clearly they are not in stereo, but fill the room between them. When I take a phone call and reach over and tapp down the volume one of them (say the One because it is usually nearest), the volume goes down but the Play 5 is still booming. Alexa only controls the One, and the physical volume controls only control the One. Getting my phone out is so impractical, so how do I link these devices so when I change the volume on one it does it on both? Or can I not? Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 4 December 2017, 22:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, hazzerj. Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting! The physical buttons on the players themselves will only control the unit that houses them. In order to control multiple speakers volume at once, you will need to use the Sonos app. Although, this is a great idea and I am happy to pass this along to the team for consideration.