Answered

control application can’t connect to Sonos on 2.4ghz

Badge

Hi there,

I used to be able to control Sonos on 5ghz, but now it seems impossible.

I tried to toubleshoot myself and read other questions here, but none solved the issue.

Can you help me please?

This is my diagnostic #781152974.

Thanx in advance.

icon

Best answer by ratty 29 August 2021, 14:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Have you changed your WiFi setup?

Describe your network for us. Are you using any 3rd party wireless mesh units? What is wired? What is wireless?

Badge

My wifi setup is simple. only one router. no mesh.

The only change I made was the router. 
A couple of months back I replaced the old one with a IPV6 compatible router.

But I am not sure if the issue started either before or after.

Does Sonos connect via the WiFi, or is there a wired Sonos component?

Some routers don’t correctly forward discovery broadcasts between the two bands, preventing a Sonos controller on 5GHz seeing players on the 2.4GHz WiFi. Often wiring a single Sonos device resolves the problem as the system then uses its own dedicated wireless, connecting back through the wired unit.

Badge

Yes Sonos connects via WiFi.
I have two Play1’s.

What router is it? It may have an option to enable multicasts/broadcasts between network segments. 

Badge

My router is Aterm WG1200HS4,

and Multicast was already enabled.

As an experiment wire one of the Play:1s to the router.

Badge

Did that already and still the same unfortunately.

It sounds like there’s either something odd about your router’s 5GHz band, or something funny with the mobile.

Badge

I have a Sonos app on my phone, my tablet and my computer. Whatever device I choose as long as it is connected with 5ghz the app can't find Sonos.

Then it’s most probably the router that’s not cooperating. 

Badge

Thanx for your help.

I will try to troubleshoot again on my day off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Since I do not see a country mentioned in your public account details: are you Dutch? Using a KPN V10a router?

Since I do not see a country mentioned in your public account details: are you Dutch? Using a KPN V10a router?

Googling the router model suggests it’s from Japan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Probably. But KPN uses it’s own software - of which the last version does not seem to play ball with Sonos….

Badge

Yep I’m in Japan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I didn't notice the router model was already given. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.