Answered

constant updates, system jammed

• 19 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Microsoft upgraded me to Windows 11 with asking, and then Sonos keeps on telling me to check for updates -- I do this, it finds one, downloads and installs. Then asks me to check again, and downloads and installs…. and so on, and on. I cannot get to the music library on the PC; one the phone it no longer finds the music library, and the process of trying to connect via the phone is impossibly complicated with instructions written by someone who really doesn’t seem to like customers very much. 

Any ideas? I just want to listen to some music…….. 

icon

Best answer by John B 19 November 2021, 19:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I don’t know what the position is with Windows 11 and Sonos, but you could try uninstalling the Sonos Controller and then reinstalling it, choosing to connect to existing system.

The change of OS should not make the Music Library inaccessible - it is just a storage location and does not even require the Sonos app to be installed on the PC.  However, big Windows updates have a nasty habit of changing wifi networks from Private to Public status, so check your PC still thinks your network is Private and has file sharing turned on.

It may also be worth taking a look at Windows Firewall.