Question

ConnectingSky Q remote

• 22 January 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi. I have just bought a PlayBase and have 2 questions if you can please help!?!

1) how can I connect my Sky Q remote, so that it can control the volume?. I have managed to connect my LG tv remote, so it controls the volume, but not my Sky Q remote which I mainly use.

2) when using a remote to control the volume, is it possible to indicate what level the volume is at on the TV? For example 30% or 100% if it’s at max volume.

Thanks
Chris

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, burri14. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Depending on the model of the remote you have for Sky Q, you may need to "teach" it a set of codes so it can talk to the PLAYBASE. When the PLAYBASE recognizes a remote and is programmed, it learns the commands sent to it by the remote. If you are unable to get your Sky Q remote working with Sonos, you may find it helpful to give our support technicians a call to further troubleshoot this in real time.

LG has this helpful link to get your SKY Remote working on LG TV codes. After it is outputting those commands, you should be able to control the PLAYBAR with the Sky Remote.