COnnecting a connect to a tv with Toslink

• 30 January 2017
  • 4 replies

Can't seem to find a definitive answer on whether I can link my play 1 to a TV via a connect with Toslink, to play television sound through the play 1?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

There is no Toslink input on a Connect, only a line-in. So you would need an analog out on the TV, or a converter.
But I have the Toslink (digital optical) plugged into the back of the connect.
Yup, that's entirely possible. But notice what it says underneath that optical connection on the back of your Connect? The words "Digital Audio Out"? That's not an input that you can connect your TV to, that's an output that can be connected to something like a receiver.

So basically, your connect is pushing data out the TOSLink, and your TV also is pushing data through the TOSLink....somewhere in the middle of your TOSlink cable, there's a lot of data crashing in to each other.
But I have the Toslink (digital optical) plugged into the back of the connect.

Look closely at the label on the Toslink connection on the Connect. It's an output, not an input.