Answered

Connect with Onkyo

• 6 January 2019
  • 15 replies

When I first set up my connect with my Sonos ready Onkyo receiver, the Sonos app would switch the inputs on the Onkyo when I selected music to play. Now it will not switch. I have to manually do it with the remote. Any idea's? Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Strysica 7 January 2019, 11:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Here is a useful Onkyo (YouTube) video on how to set things correctly with a Sonos Connect. Perhaps see if that helps...

https://youtu.be/gFFPJp8yFhg
Thank you for the video. That is how I set it up. Originally the Sonos app would change the Onkyo to the correct channel when I played something. Now it will not do it anymore.
Thank you for the video. That is how I set it up. Originally the Sonos app would change the Onkyo to the correct channel when I played something. Now it will not do it anymore.
Have you perhaps tried powering off/on both devices and removing/reseating the cable connection... just to see if that 'disconnection' resolves it?
Thank you for your help. I figured it out. The Onkyo needed an update. All is well.
Thank you for your help. I figured it out. The Onkyo needed an update. All is well.
Ah, good news. Glad you managed to sort it.
Have you perhaps tried powering off/on both devices and removing/reseating the cable connection... just to see if that 'disconnection' resolves it?

I have the same issue after sonos upgrade 10.0 . I have onkyo tx-rz 730 and onkyo tx-rz-1100. Both wired with Sonos Connect. Everything worked fine until Sonos updated to 10.0 . Now onkyo doesn't switch on and choose input after pressing play button on sonos app. The receivers have latest firmware. Powering on/off doesn't help
any support?
What support are you looking for?
any support?

I have exactly the same problem. Tried to factory reset the RZ730, no help there. It just keeps saying “Sonos connect could not be found” under hardware/ Sonos connect, when trying to scan for available systems.
My new tx-rz830 onkyo receiver also says connect could not be found as well. Would love to know if it's a fix needed on the only side or Sonos. I'm thinking not Sonos cause I was just on the phone with Sonos and they said our system is running appropriately and all looks good from their end. Onkyo says it's a problem stemming from the Sonos 10.0 update. Don't know what to do next. Bought the receiver solely cause it was going to work with our Sonos system.
Same here with an Onkyo TX-NR686.

Onkyo support told me, they had the same receiver and a Sonos Connect with firmware 10 working in their lab...
So what did they say your options were to fix it?? Return the receiver or? Did they give u a solution?
So what did they say your options were to fix it?? Return the receiver or? Did they give u a solution?
Support person didn't believe it was a general problem with Sonos firmware 10 because, according to him, they have a working system in their lab.

They suggested to ship the receiver to an Onkyo repair center to have it tested.

As I'm seeing a couple of posts here where people have problems to get "Works with Sonos" to find their Sonos Connect with different Onkyo and Pioneer (= same company) receivers, I still believe it's a problem which can be fixed with a firmware update. In the meantime I have my Harmony Elite configured as a workaround. Doesn't switch the receiver on from the Sonos App though.

Shouldn't do any harm to give them a call yourself to make them aware, there are more people with this problem.
Okay so i called onkyo again today and the case was "escalated" to another group who are supposed to get back to me in 24-48hrs. I wouldn't send it off to a repair center, i would just return it as it has only been 2 weeks since i bought it - but i'd really like it to "work with sonos", lol.
My Onkyo TX-8270 stopped supporting the "Works with Sonos" integration after the recent Sonos upgrade to version 10.1.

It took a few tries to get it to work with I originally purchases the Onkyo. That was annoying enough, having to bring a TV to my receiver to get everything set up -- I'm certainly not going through that after every Sonos upgrade.

So I just returned my Onkyo -- will switch over to a Sonos-only living room.