Answered

Connect to Sonosnet option vanished

• 15 May 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I have just updated the controller software on two android devices (to 10.2). The previously available 'Connect to Sonosnet' option has gone and the devices can no longer see the sonos wireless network. This was really useful as my home network coverage is not good in some areas - sonos fixed that! Is this change deliberate or am I being stupid?
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 15 May 2019, 15:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

It is deliberate, unfortunately, and has been announced as such.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks Kumar - nobody announced it to me! This is another backwards step for Sonos functionality - my wife's old ipad (still working fine in all other respects) now no longer supports the Sonos system at all.
it was announced here.
Userlevel 1
Gliderman, did you find a workaround?
I used to control the sonos Play3 in my bedroom through SonosNet because the wifi signal in my bedroom is very low.
Now I cant control the Play3.
(and I would prefer not to buy a new router/repeater)
Gliderman, did you find a workaround?
I used to control the sonos Play3 in my bedroom through SonosNet because the wifi signal in my bedroom is very low.
Now I cant control the Play3.
(and I would prefer not to buy a new router/repeater)

Just buy a cheap “access point” perhaps with convenient AC pass-through and cable it to the Ethernet port on the speaker... problem solved.