Connect:AMP pairing with Sonos Android app

• 5 June 2013
  • 3 replies

We have a Connect:AMP and we are trying to control it VIA your Android controller but we are not able to. When the app is downloaded, the AMP IS plugged into a data port, during the pairing process, the app does not recognize the device when I push the two buttons simultaneously. Are older Connect:AMP devices not supported by the app? Thank you, Tyler

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4
Is this system previously setup ? If I understand correctly. You have a connect:amp which is hard wired to your home network.. Is this correct ? Anyway biggest thing.. Make sure you are indeed connected to your home network. Not your neighbors. Not some hotspot etc.. It's all compatible ..
The implication would be that your Android is connecting to a different subnet that the speakers are on, or perhaps a different wifi signal. There are some routers that don't pass information between 2.4 and 5Ghz signal sides, which might be an issue. Or, perhaps the Android device is connecting to a guest network, and the Sonos are on the main network?

Those are the two most typical reasons for non-connection. I suppose there are others that aren't immediately coming to mind.

Normally, I'd suggest that you submit a diagnostic....but if you can't connect to the speakers, you can't submit a diagnostic, at least from the Android device, where you're actually having the problem. I wonder if there's a value in submitting one from your laptop? It won't show any data from your Android connection (non-connection, actually), but there may be value, still. It's up to you.

Oh, there's also the possibility of a firewall blocking connections between the Android and your speakers. Might want to check and try everything with any virus/firewall apps turned off, temporarily, and see if that makes a difference. If it does, you then know where to start poking :)

Best of luck!
I have this same problem. My connect amps are connected to my home network. My app for android was able to get them setup and I can see the amps on my laptop. However, when I attempt to find the sonos system by the android app, it indicates there is no sonos setup. It tells me to push the top two buttons, which I have done repeatedly and the same result : ! Not Connected...your sonos product was not found. If your producet is a long way from your router, you may move closer. try again.

I have troubleshot this problem numerous times and reinstalled the android app, only to the same result.
How could I set up the amps with the same app that now cannot find them?