Configuring bass with beam + sub

I have the beam and sub and noticed the bass in the beam can dumb down other sounds when playing music and the bass on the sub is much cleaner. If I wanted to lower the bass coming from the beam and compensate that loss with the sub, would you recommend lowering the bass in EQ and increasing the sub volume? I currently put the bass to around 40% in EQ, treble to 55% and moved the sub volume to 60% and I feel it sounds better, but I’d love others advicd or what settings you have for the beam sub combo.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18
Hi, pfawell. Welcome to the community. Valid questions, certainly... However, room dimensions, materials of the surfaces in that room, the source for the audio... Many things impact what may work "best" in one environment vs. another. At the end of the day, if it sounds good to you, that would be the way to go.
I can't share my own experiences with configuring the levels as I don't have this setup. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings