Question

Computer App Update

• 22 January 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
Does anyone know when or if the Windows PC Sonos program/app will be updated to match the design and UI of the mobile app? I personally think that Sonos on computer has a very outdated look

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I doubt there is any plan to. Many people very much like the desktop design and have said they do not want it changed.
I only use CR100s and the PC program and am quite happy with the way it works for managing my music queue and playlists. I wouldn't want to see the PC program changed to anything that looked even remotely like the current phone apps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Adding universal search would be nice.
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
I feel like i'm the only one who likes the mobile app 😑 , even if they don't fully update the PC version it definitely needs a little refresh.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I don't like the current version of the mobile app because the navigation buttons don't stay at bottom all the time (Now Playing covers them up). If they were to show all the time I think the mobile will work just fine.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
I doubt there is any plan to. Many people very much like the desktop design and have said they do not want it changed.

I doubt it too. But mostly because Sonos seem to be completely fine with shipping mobile and desktop apps that differ in UI / UX. And appearance. And terminology.

Personally, I'd love to see the desktop app get a face lift, but the desktop app is a much better controller experience than the mobile one. But there's what we'd like, and there's what Sonos choose to release...
Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I doubt it too. But mostly because Sonos seem to be completely fine with shipping mobile and desktop apps that differ in UI / UX. And appearance. And terminology.

Personally, I'd love to see the desktop app get a face lift, but the desktop app is a much better controller experience than the mobile one. But there's what we'd like, and there's what Sonos choose to release...
The desktop App is a better UI and much more functional than the current mobile Apps. The mobile Apps design originally looked like the desktop controller and in particular, the Tablet one was almost identical and was fantastic to use. I have to say IMHO all the subsequent updates to the mobile Apps have been a retrograde step.