Question

Compilation Tracks not searchable by Artist

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hi Why can't I find a track by an artist that is in a compilation album using the search? Specific example I have the Paloma Faith track I 'Can't Rely on You' with the artist shown as a contributing artist in the ID3 tag on the Now 87 album. ( I am not using iTunes at all!) Indeed when playing the album the artist name appears on all the controllers (CR100, android and PC versions). But when I search the music library for the artist name it only shows a different album of the same artist but not the individual track in the compilation album.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

Please can someone find a way of getting this escalated. It is so frustrating, the artist is in the metadata, therefore it should be searchable!
Badge
I have spent literally weeks going through every compilation album I have adding the artist name into the track name

for example

Artist: U2
Song: With or without you
Album Artist: Various Artists

now becomes

Artist: U2
Song: U2 - With or without you
Album Artist: Various Artists

Then when I search by song or artist the song shows up, however I dont have countless artist tags cluttering up my music library.

Would be SO much easier for sonos just to update this. I've been amending ID3 tags for 2 weeks non stop. I'm about half way through.:@
Badge +1
Same here.
Sonos does not support compilation albums :(

Every track that is on a compilation album will not be found by the Search functionality