Clear tracks from queue after playing them

• 2 September 2014
  • 34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge
A SONOS user expressed his desire in a feature where the tracks are being cleared from the queue after they have been played.

Let us know if you would like to see this as well.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

Badge
Yes. It wold be very useful
Userlevel 2
Badge
Yes. It wold be very useful

Simon-c

With all the available options mentioned in the post prior to yours, can you please explain why 'It would be very useful'
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
The advantage is that it clears the played tracks whilst still playing. If you use the "Replace Queue" command then what is currently playing stops at that point and anything else left on the playlist gets dumped. If you keep adding tracks to the queue so that the music never stops then you can't use the Replace command without upsetting the listening. I can understand why this feature would be useful to some.

Having said all that, I don't think I would ever use it and certainly wouldn't want it imposed, it would need to be a selectable feature.
Userlevel 4
Badge +9
I agree with most of the recent comments. I have never felt any need for this feature, doubt I would ever use it, and if it is added it must be a switchable option (and preferably not the default). The current queue functionality works fine in my opinion.
Badge
The feature serves as a way of keeping up with the queue. As mentioned above, you can just keep adding tracks to the list, and it is easier to keep track of what you have heard. At the same time the queue list becomes easier to manage as the tracks you have listened to disappear from the list.
The feature serves as a way of keeping up with the queue. As mentioned above, you can just keep adding tracks to the list, and it is easier to keep track of what you have heard. At the same time the queue list becomes easier to manage as the tracks you have listened to disappear from the list.

Err, isn't it rather trivial to "keep up with what you've heard" already? You open the queue, it will have the current track highlighted, everything you've already heard is above the current track, everything yet to be heard is below it. I'm obviously missing something here? Surely deleting the previously played tracks makes it more likely you'll forget what you listened to earlier?
I don't understand how deleting a track after it is played allows one to "easier to keep track of what you have heard." Maybe I'm missing something, but immediately deleting a track after it is played seems to make it infinitely more difficult to keep track of what you have heard than leaving the previously played tracks in the queue.
Userlevel 2
Badge
At last - the arbiters of common sense !!
I almost think it needs the option to be removed after playing just because it's called a Queue. When you queue at the bank, you don't get up to the teller, handle your transaction and then get back in line; you queue, then you get out. You don't stand at the meat counter holding your #16 ticket waiting for your number to come up again after you've already received your 3/4 lb extra thinly sliced roast turkey. If things play and stay in the "queue", then it's just a playlist and not a queue.