Answered

choosing speaker

Badge

Hi I'm using sonos app to play music , it keeps on wanting to play it with beam speaker instead of move speaker I cant get it to pick move .

Thanks

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 30 June 2020, 23:44

Select the “room” with the Move; then choose your music. 

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Select the “room” with the Move; then choose your music. 

Badge

Thanks got it I feel stupid now lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Everything is easy once you know. Sometimes the hard part is asking the question! 

Glad you’re sorted. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Haitch2000.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out.

Sounds like everything is good and working. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you still have further questions or concerns. We’ll me more than happy to assist.

Thanks,

Badge

Thanks im new to sonos but loving the speakers, bought a beam 2 weeks ago then got a move yest.

The sound is amazing, but I'm gutted I can't pair both of them together 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can Group them, so they play the same source. When you’re in the Rooms view in System, touch the icon in top right, then select rooms to group, and then what you want to play. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Haitch2000.

Thanks for your feedback.

I agree with @nik9669a you can group any Sonos device to another Sonos device on the same network on the same Sonos account under the same Sonos app. You may use the group feature to group your Move with the Beam but you can never bond them as stereo pair since stereo pair requires 2 Sonos device of the same model.

Here is the guide on how to group and ungroup on the Sonos app.

Here is also the guide on how to create a stereo pair on the Sonos app.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Badge

Wow thanks guys that sounds amazing :grinning:

Badge

Is there any way my TV can use move as well 

Thanks again for your amazing help

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @Haitch2000.

Thanks for the Immediate feedback and for another inquiry,

I would like to provide you with feature, functionality, limitation, and specification of the Sonos Move. This is to support that the Sonos Move’s main fuctionality is a standard music speaker and not a Home Theater speaker. 

To answer your question directly, the Sonos move would not support any audio coming out of the TV.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

But grouping will still work; just select “TV” as source for the group. 

Badge

Wow thank you so much its perfect.

You guys are amazing