Question

Certain alarm options don't stick (Ver. 8.2.1)

• 6 December 2017
  • 8 replies

Badge
Hi,

since the update to 8.3 when I select "include all grouped speakers" in my alarm settings it ignores it. It does not save the setting and instead just plays it on the speaker it is configured to. It happens both via the iOS and Desktop app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Is 8.3 a beta version of the app? If so, there's probably a more appropriate place to be posting this issue than here in the public release boards.
Badge
Oh sorry. It's 8.2.1 for some reason I thought it was 8.3
Ah, OK. Worthwhile bug report to post here, then.

I don't use alarms, so I don't have any input, but I'm sure one of the Sonos reps will read this and supply the data to the team, as they've indicated that they do read every post.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Thanks for the reports guys, we're looking into this one right now. To confirm, can you check for me that the iOS performs the same way? Try pressing the option and wait a good 10 seconds to see if it goes through.

PS: I fixed the title to point to the right version.
Badge
Thanks for the reports guys, we're looking into this one right now. To confirm, can you check for me that the iOS performs the same way? Try pressing the option and wait a good 10 seconds to see if it goes through.

PS: I fixed the title to point to the right version.

Hi Ryan,

I tried it on both iOS and the Mac Desktop client. It does not save the "include all grouped rooms" option. It's just de-selected once you go back into the settings.

Thanks for changing the title.
I have the same problem (I have 10 Sonos gadgets) controlled through either the Mac (laptop) or android app (pixel2). in 8.1 could use a grouped room alarm. In 8.2 you can move the button to include grouped rooms in the alarm settings but is does not "stick" and grouped rooms does not work, only the primary selected room.
Just +1’ing this as I’m experiencing this issue and would like to follow progress
A related thread, if you're interested:

https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/grouped-alarm-not-working-6796172