Cant start Sonos after update

Have updated sonos controller on iphone and iPad. Every time i start the controller it still says that i have to update and it takes me to AppStore where i can see sonos dont need to be updated. There is no update button to click on

Have tried serveral times
Have restsrted the iphone
Same thing happened with my iPad
Have disconnected the sonos app and redownloaded it again from AppStore
Cannot get past the message in sonos.
It just loopes sonos-AppStore

What can i do?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

I also have the same problem - have reset account, rebooted, disconnect router, reinstalled software etc but still can’t access from 2 iPads and iPhone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello everyone. Thanks for posting. If you have already removed the app from your iOS device and re-downloaded the app from the App Store, then the controller is already updated. This tells us that the problem seems to be getting the update to the speakers. Do any of you have a speaker plugged into the router with an Ethernet cable? This will establish a solid connection that Sonos can use to download the update and send along to the other players.

If you are still having troubles, please try to submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number it gives at the end. I'll be happy to take a closer look and point you in the right direction.
83767793 is my diagnostic number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks, bergwallskan. It looks like the bridge is encountering a large amount of physical electronic errors. This normally points to the physical surroundings of the Bridge unit itself. Could you describe the area around the Bridge? Typically we want the Bridge to have about 3-6 inches of space from other large electronic devices and appliances.
I am having same problem on all my Android devices. Cannot use my Sonos system at all because it keeps asking me to update the controller and then links me to Google store. 465136080
And of course problem fixed just as I hit the "reply" button
Thanks bergwallskan. My diagnostic number is 825863704. Thank you.
Hi again
I have removed the bridge from the area where there was a lot of electronics.
Re installed the controller.
Restarted the wi-fi network
- same problem

Used the ethernet cabel directly to a speaker from the router.
- same problem

Hi again,
I did a total new installation of the whole system and now it work. 🙂
System controller still not working - have reinstalled, rebooted etc as earlier emails My diagnostic number is 825863704. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
System controller still not working - have reinstalled, rebooted etc as earlier emails My diagnostic number is 825863704. Thank you.

Thanks for the diagnostic report. It looks like your Sonos units are losing connection to your wireless access points due to wireless interference from nearby networks running on the same channel as your own. Please try changing your wireless network's channel from 6, which is very crowded, to 11 or 1. Make sure to change the channel on all of your access points. Let me know if that doesn't do the trick.