Answered

Cannot Update Sonos App to 8.3.1

• 30 January 2018
  • 9 replies

Currently I have Sonos iOs app version 8.3 installed. I got a pop up today that an update 8.3.1 is available.When I go to App store to install the update , I do not see any Update tab and just see Open tab.
icon

Best answer by Saurabh_smartthings 30 January 2018, 22:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

same problem here... and since the last hardware update last week i can‘t connect all my speakers at the same time anymore
Same issue, I just updated to 8.3 however it keeps pointing me to the apple App Store to update the app
Same issue Any ideas anyone
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If you are having problems intslling app update. Delete app and re-install and be sure to select "Connect to existing system" whne the new app starts.
If you are having problems with drop outs or connecting to speakers then:-

It is unlikely the update directly had caused your issues, but the disconnecting of you Sonos during the update may have exposed a wi fi issue.

Here's what fix mine and may others.
  • Turn off all wi fi devices in the house, inc all Sonos speakers.
  • re-start your wifi router and wait for it to come back online.
  • Then turn on all Sonos kit and wait for it to connect
  • Turn on the rest of the wi fi items.
  • Then come back here and tell us if successful or if you still have issues.

Good luck
Well I got my issue resolved . I waited for a while like say 2 hours since I reported the issue and then I saw the Update tab on App store to update to 8.3.1. Now the app is on latest , so might be a glitch for few hours
I have the same issue with my speakers since installing 8.3.1. They are not easily accessed so before I preform the recommendation above would someone please tell me if they were successful? Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have the same issue with my speakers since installing 8.3.1. They are not easily accessed so before I preform the recommendation above would someone please tell me if they were successful? Thanks

The suggestion by bockersjv is a good and sensible suggestion. Nobody can say it will solve your issue but it's a good start and very likely exactly what Sonos will do if you contacted them directly.

Try it, it can't hurt and there is a good chance it will resolve your issues.
Restarting my WIFI solved my speaker problem...I didn't have to unplug my speakers. I tried that first since my speakers are hard to access...I need a tall ladder. Thanks