Question

Cannot leave private Beta!...despite following all instructions...

• 18 March 2014
  • 3 replies

I am trying to leave Private Beta to return to Public Beta only. I have no apps on any device and have tried all the necessary steps you offer to leave but to no avail. What next? Thanks Richard

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +3
Hi Richard,

Just to be sure, these are the steps to follow to remove yourself from a beta program:

1. Go to http://beta.sonos.com and login using your Sonos system login.  This is the same login which is associated with your Sonos system and which you used when you signed up for the Beta program. 
  2. Click the Remove link to the right of the Beta Program you wish to leave and confirm your request to remove yourself from the beta.
  3. On your Sonos system, go to the Settings menu and select Online Update or Check for Updates. An update should be available which will downgrade your Sonos to our latest public release.  Click here for more information about updating your Sonos.
  4. If you have any problems or issues, please contact the Sonos Beta team using the contact information provided with the Beta program or contact Sonos Support through the following email: beta@sonos.com.
If you're still having problems leaving the beta, please let us know.
Those instructions don't work for me.  There are no private betas named under the private beta section. So I don't see a "Remove" link to click on.
Badge
I tried that too.. But the only way I found possible was to go on the Sonos from my COMPUTER , go to settings, advanced, and leave beta. Then Uninstall the program. Install standard Sonos for Windows and the update...
And then your free from all the trouble