Question

Cannot add new second Play 3 to existing system

• 20 December 2014
  • 2 replies

I want to add a second Sonos Play 3 to my existing functioning setup which has a bridge and another Sonos Play 3. I plug the PLay 3 in the power outlet, wait till the LED turns green and blinks, then I go to "add a new component" in the menu,  click both buttons simultaneously as instructed, a short bassy sound is produced and both buttons blink red, and after a while the software says "could not add component". The LED on the Play 3 is a steady red. Help please...

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Glad to hear it's working, Erik. I'd recommend checking any firewall settings on that Windows computer just to make sure nothing is blocking the Sonos app. We have some step-by-step guides for firewall and security software in our FAQ here. Let me know if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help out.
It works. I added the second Play 3 via my Android Sonos app on a phone. Apparently there is a problem with the Windows software.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings