Cannot add an album to queue or playlist

• 2 September 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

I currently have the Sonos S2 app installed on my iPAD.  I have a large music collection on a NAS, which I control using Asset UPnP.  I have set up a unique instance of Asset for the sonos so that only mp3 files are used (I have a fair number of FLAC files in our collection).  Having enabled “show UPnP servers” in the media servers options under settings, I am able to see the entire collection using the music tab.

Unfortunately, with my setup I am unable to add an entire album to the queue or a playlist.  I have searched the forum and found two potential solutions (long press album art, then scroll down) or (press … symbol at in the upper right of the screen when viewing album tracks and then scroll down).  Unfortunately, neither works.  When I scroll down from either spot, nothing happens.  Can anyone help?

Thanks

5 replies

Badge

Thanks for your two replies; unfortunately, the article shared by Ken doesn’t seem to address my issue.  I am able to play or add individual tracks to the queue.  My problem is my inability to obtain an optionby which I can treat an entire album like an individual track, i.e. play an entire album without having to add the album’s tracks to the queue one at a time.

Perhaps see if this support link may assist you…

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4916

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

UPnP server support in Sonos is generally considered iffy at best, the only server that seems to work for everyone is the one in Windows Media Player.

My problem is my inability to obtain an optionby which I can treat an entire album like an individual track, i.e. play an entire album without having to add the album’s tracks to the queue one at a time.

It was many moons ago that I tested Sonos with Asset UPnP, but It’s always been that way as far as I can tell.

Badge

OH well...Thanks