Can’t update to latest version of Sonos - Sonos will not accept my Email

I can’t finalize my latest Sonos update. I asks for my email. When I type in the email I am using here it claims that the account doesn’t exist
And I have now a remember dot asking for finalizing the update, which I can’t

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I can’t finalize my latest Sonos update. I asks for my email. When I type in the email I am using here it claims that the account doesn’t exist
And I have now a remember dot asking for finalizing the update, which I can’t

Hi Thomas,

Please see this guide which describes various ways to log in, even if you don't have your password, or access to the email account.
But

There is no line where I can choose my account
This I my msg when I try to update
Sorry I try again
There is no line where I can see my account in my Sonos app

I do not know which line to select
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sorry I try again
There is no line where I can see my account in my Sonos app

I do not know which line to select

This indicates that your Sonos system is registered to a different email address. If you're not sure which email address it is, you can change it by following the steps for "I forgot my password and no longer have access to my account's email, can I change the Sonos account my players are linked to?" in this guide.
I think we are not talking about the same thing
I am now logged in this community site with the email I use, I can log in by my password
I use the same email when I try to update my Sonos and password
As you can see Sonos will not update / accept my email -

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I think we are not talking about the same thing
I am now logged in this community site with the email I use, I can log in by my password
I use the same email when I try to update my Sonos and password
As you can see Sonos will not update / accept my email -

There is likely a typo in your original registration. Please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number.
Report send
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Report send

There was a typo in the email you originally used to register your system. You won't be able to reset the password, as the email your system is registered to doesn't actually exist. If you follow these steps, you can switch your system's registration over to the correct email:

Using the Sonos app for iOS or Android: Open the Sonos app. From the More tab, tap Settings > Account Settings > Transfer Sonos to a new account
Using the Sonos app on Mac or PC: Select Help > Account Settings > Transfer Sonos to a new account

Please let me know how it goes.
Sorry
I start to get little annoyed now
I can not get the menu “account settings” as I tried to show/tell you, look at the screen dump, sorry their are in Danish
I have tried all menus in “Settings” and none of them gives me the possibility to change to another account
Please come up with something useful
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Sorry
I start to get little annoyed now
I can not get the menu “account settings” as I tried to show/tell you, look at the screen dump, sorry their are in Danish
I have tried all menus in “Settings” and none of them gives me the possibility to change to another account
Please come up with something useful

I think it would be best to work with our phone team who can walk you through the process. Please call us up, our number and hours can be found here.